Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modified order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
I placed an order for a MY SR in Chile shortly after launch (Feb 6th). I then decided to switch to the LR version so I modified the order on March 5th (also changed the paint color). The ship that is bringing the first orders departed March 11 from Shanghai. Is that enough time for them to adjust the shipping and send the revised ordered car or should I expect the car to come on the next ship? (They are shipping only based on placed orders).

Thanks!

I think that you will be put back at the end of the list.
You should keep your order, and transfer it to someone else instead, and make a second order.

But if you already made a change, there might be 3,000 to 6,000 vehicle in the first ship.
I imagine that after two months there much have been quite a few orders.
So you will certainly have to wait for another shipping.

Note: The assignment to a customer will be made only after the boat arrived to its destination.
It's the same in US, customers receive their VIN number only after the vehicle had arrived to a hub by train or by truck.

Last edited:
I think that you will be put back at the end of the list.
You should keep your order, and transfer it to someone else instead, and make a second order.

But if you already made a change, there might be 3,000 to 6,000 vehicle in the first ship.
I imagine that after two months there much have been quite a few orders.
So you will certainly have to wait for another shipping.

Note: The assignment to a customer will be made only after the boat arrived to its destination.
It's the same in US, customers receive their VIN number only after the vehicle had arrived to a hub by train or by truck.
Thanks for the reply. Just to point out, Chile is a very small market, first shipping probably brought 50-100 cars. So I wouldn’t expect that there are thousands of orders in the backlog. Not sure if that changes your opinion.

Thanks for the reply. Just to point out, Chile is a very small market, first shipping probably brought 50-100 cars. So I wouldn’t expect that there are thousands of orders in the backlog. Not sure if that changes your opinion.

Did you get any information regarding the delivery date?
How long do you think it would take to travel?
Maybe your car was not yet shipped.
I could not put China and Chile on the same side of the globe !!!

C to C.jpg

Did you get any information regarding the delivery date?
How long do you think it would take to travel?
Maybe your car was not yet shipped.
I could not put China and Chile on the same side of the globe !!!

View attachment 1037637
When I placed the original order (that it seems to be irrelevant now) it said April/May. When I modified it it also said April/May. Shanghai to Chile is 25-30 days, seems the first shipment arrived yesterday.
Based on your comments, my question should be then if whatever order was placed up to March 5th, was included in the March 11th shipment.

>> ...the first shipment arrived yesterday.
Do you know the name of the vessel?

By the way, there is this member @Mr Miserable
who actively follows the ships used by Tesla, but principally the one going to Europe.

Last edited:
>> ...the first shipment arrived yesterday.
Do you know the name of the vessel?

By the way, there is this member @Mr Miserable
who actively follows the ships used by Tesla, but principally the one going to Europe.

Morning Champion

Morning Champion

Seems to have already left San Antonio and in route for Iquique.
So if there was any Tesla, they must have been already unloaded.
Maybe someone took pictures of the harbor parking lot.

Do you know the location of any Tesla office in Chile,
I could not find any on the Tesla/findus listing?
This article mentions "Parque Arauco mall in Santiago".

Last edited:
Yes they have a small location at a mall in Santiago, if you search for Tesla launch in Chile you will see it.

On my order, luckily enough my car arrived in that first shipping so will be picking up in 2 weeks approx!