Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery today. Had two small issues. One being a small scratch in the black window trim and the second was a stain in the driver door interior leather trim. I had to book a service appointment to get it fixed, otherwise everything went well.
I also had what I thought were scratches on the black window trim similar to your photo. I used a bit of water to moisten my fingers and started rubbing on it and they all came off. I think it was a stain of some sort. You can try it, it might work for you too.

I also had what I thought were scratches on the black window trim similar to your photo. I used a bit of water to moisten my fingers and started rubbing on it and they all came off. I think it was a stain of some sort. You can try it, it might work for you too.
I think mines is an actual scratch though cause it can be felt by my finger when I run it over.

Do any of you have the executed lending agreement under their documents on the order manage page after taking delivery. My friend says I’m supposed to have this as it contains info about the financing but I don’t, perhaps it takes some time to show up.

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpeg
    IMG_2037.jpeg
    831.2 KB · Views: 66
I went ahead and placed an order for a model 3 lr last night. There was one 'in inventory' headed to Ottawa in the exact configuration I wanted. Furthermore, they're $3500 off right now meaning that there's only a $1500 difference between the Y RWD and the 3 AWD LR. I'm undecided as to which one I want to to go ahead with, but the 3 is extremely tempting. With that said, I prefer the crossover look and feel, and better frankly suits my lifestyle, but the added range and dual motor are desirable. I've got a bit of a conundrum on my hands. Anyone else second guessing their Y RWD order?

Reactions: Esan na
I went ahead and placed an order for a model 3 lr last night. There was one 'in inventory' headed to Ottawa in the exact configuration I wanted. Furthermore, they're $3500 off right now meaning that there's only a $1500 difference between the Y RWD and the 3 AWD LR. I'm undecided as to which one I want to to go ahead with, but the 3 is extremely tempting. With that said, I prefer the crossover look and feel, and better frankly suits my lifestyle, but the added range and dual motor are desirable. I've got a bit of a conundrum on my hands. Anyone else second guessing their Y RWD order?
I would have liked the extra range, but in my case, the space is more important. I've got a toddler and there is never enough space for toys...
The question is how often do you need the higher range ? Our goal was to get a car for my wife's commute (about 50 km daily) and to have more space on the day to day trips. We consider it an acceptable compromise, we don't do a lot of > 500km trips.

Do any of you have the executed lending agreement under their documents on the order manage page after taking delivery. My friend says I’m supposed to have this as it contains info about the financing but I don’t, perhaps it takes some time to show up.
It shows up after a couple of days…mine did i believe on the 7th day when i got my model 3

I would have liked the extra range, but in my case, the space is more important. I've got a toddler and there is never enough space for toys...
The question is how often do you need the higher range ? Our goal was to get a car for my wife's commute (about 50 km daily) and to have more space on the day to day trips. We consider it an acceptable compromise, we don't do a lot of > 500km trips.
TBH, your usecase is similar to mine. It will be an occasional commuter car with trips to Toronto and Montreal sprinkled in. Odd trip out east. I guess the biggest issue I'm having is passing up on what is pretty good value in a dual motor long range tesla that is nearly identical in price to what we're paying for a Y rwd. The maintenance will be considerably cheaper as well (18" tire prices vs. 19" prices). The extra space would be great, but we do have a Santa Fe already. These last 24 hours have been a real struggle, and I'm still leaning towards the Y, but the 3 is so tempting at that price.

Picked mine up at Laval yesterday afternoon. No wait at all and it was a smooth experience. Took about an hour in total with a good 40 minutes going through the car inspection. It’s my first Tesla, but it looked flawless - no scratches, panel gaps, or any noticeable issues.

Best car I’ve ever owned so far after a short 100km ride. Acceleration is zippy enough for me and the suspension feels way better than my previous cars, so I’m quite happy and satisfied considering my baseline comparables.

Do I need to confirm the load loan before going there or can I confirm after inspection?

Edit : Loan, not load
I accepted the loan offer before going there. Once I got there, I signed the paperwork, then I did the inspection, handed the down payment and finally accepted delivery. The loan doesn’t get fully processed until you sign the paperwork and they process it after you accept delivery.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
I accepted the loan offer before going there. Once I got there, I signed the paperwork, then I did the inspection, handed the down payment and finally accepted delivery. The loan doesn’t get fully processed until you sign the paperwork and they process it after you accept delivery.
I picked it up at St-Bruno and I did the inspection before signing anything and accepting the delivery. They just gave me the papers, pointed me to the car and said "take all the time you need, read the papers, check the car, come back and sign when you are ready".

Placed order and completed all steps delivery says July 8th to 18th for Barrie ON
For RWD white/black (they are probably doing a final Q2 push in China to deliver as much as they can)

For anyone on the fence with the AWD/RWD look up some videos of winter driving. Take a RWD BMW heavy engine in front no weight in back and you end up sliding, and RWD gets bad rep. Here you have a massive battery in the middle super low Center of gravity and a motor in the back. With incredible stability control.

I picked it up at St-Bruno and I did the inspection before signing anything and accepting the delivery. They just gave me the papers, pointed me to the car and said "take all the time you need, read the papers, check the car, come back and sign when you are ready".
Even though I signed the papers I didn’t accept delivery or handover down payment bank draft until the inspection. The reason I signed the papers beforehand was since I knew Shanghai Tesla quality has been overall pretty good so I wasn’t expecting to reject the car and I wanted the process to be done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Also interestingly they had all the delivery vehicles inside the barrie showroom that day, so I was able to see my car as soon as I walked in.