Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - iPhone - Contact Group Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimt29

2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD, MSM/Black
Aug 13, 2015
Warwick, RI
I'm trying to get the sync between the iPhone and the Model Y. I have removed the iPhone and reinstalled it 3 times but I can't seem to get just one Group of contacts to download successfully.

If I select All, contacts will download, sometimes with difficulty but I get through it.

If I select a Group no contacts will download after the iPhone is installed.

Anybody know of a way to get just one Group to download to the Model Y database?

I'm trying to get the sync between the iPhone and the Model Y. I have removed the iPhone and reinstalled it 3 times but I can't seem to get just one Group of contacts to download successfully.

If I select All, contacts will download, sometimes with difficulty but I get through it.

If I select a Group no contacts will download after the iPhone is installed.

Anybody know of a way to get just one Group to download to the Model Y database?
The only thing I can think to try is to go on the phone to Settings > Bluetooth > Your Tesla > and make sure the group is selected for sharing there. You might want to disable sharing All Contacts and any other groups. Then try on your Tesla. Maybe even have to still select all contacts on your Tesla but the phone should only show it the ones in the group you chose.

Doesn't work. I tried that. I kind of stumbled into those settings while trouble shooting the problem. I set up a group called "Family" hoping to eliminate all the false results. No luck.

No other ideas then. Bluetooth is not always implemented exactly to the "standards" on every device so it might just not work. Most people probably want all contacts anyway so it's probably an edge case not tested often.

Good News! Went for a quick drive and did a check of the contacts again. Lo and behold I have the exact group I wanted.

I think your original answer was spot on. Maybe I was too quick to check when I did as you described earlier. Anyway it was an excellent answer and I think the right one.

Reactions: wraithfive