Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y impounded using a tow dolly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all apologize as I am not sure which forum this post should go to. I had an interesting experience this past weekend and I am trying to understand how things are working. My scenario is as follows my car was impounded by the city for illegal parking, the sentry mode went off. The car was properly towed as per Tesla's recommendation i.e. the front was lifted and the rear tires were on self-loading dollies i.e. skates.

Now comes the interesting part the car's GPS location was not being updated as it was moving however I could see through the cameras where it was being driven to and I was lucky to have a very good police officer tell me where it was exactly towed based on the video. My question is this expected behavior or it was just my car's GPS was not communicating. If it is expected behavior then it is an interesting bug as it makes it easier to steal the car. Feel free to provide your input and you can beat me up for illegally parking, I am ready for that.