Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y HEPA filter and heated steering wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mo City

Jul 17, 2016
near Houston
This 26Dec post from @greentheonly on Twitter shows the owners manual for MIC Model Y mentioning a HEPA filter and heated steering wheel. The HEPA filter is more important to me than extra range from an 82 kWh battery.

Any news of these for Fremont Model Ys?

Usually goes to China first then a month or so comes to the US.
That's how the model 3 refresh was

new things on the MY should be coming to US soon
- updated interior dash (dash trim in door panel)
- heating steering wheel
- updated interior console to match M3
- hepa biodefense mode
- updated m3 headlights (still unknown as it's not in the MIC MY but was told all M3 and MY would have by end of Q1)

- heating steering wheel
- hepa biodefense mode
- updated m3 headlights (still unknown as it's not in the MIC MY but was told all M3 and MY would have by end of Q1)

I wonder why updates are in China first... especially the M3 (it's understandable for MY since it's brand new line there)

- heating steering wheel
- hepa biodefense mode
Fingers crossed!

Same here. Waiting on the Model Y refresh with the additional features.
I ordered mine Monday and got the VIN# yesterday afternoon. Spoke to a guy at Tesla and he said the car came off the line ~8:30am. He also said the 2021 Model Y is the refresh.

Should be delivered within 10 days. I live outside Houston.

The HEPA filter is a lot more important in China than the U.S. and there is no guarantee we'll ever get it here, much less any time soon.

Reactions: TomB985
I ordered mine Monday and got the VIN# yesterday afternoon. Spoke to a guy at Tesla and he said the car came off the line ~8:30am. He also said the 2021 Model Y is the refresh.

The HEPA filter is a lot more important in China than the U.S. and there is no guarantee we'll ever get it here, much less any time soon.
Take what the SA's say with a grain of salt. You'll get way more information on these forums.

But take pics and let us know!! If that's the case 2021 will be off to a great start :D

Reactions: EchoDelta

I could probably do without the HEPA filter. That feature is not critical to me. For me, the important things are the new center console, the heated steering wheel, and the new headlights.

Please inform us in this thread what, if any, of the new features are in your vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr. Decaf
With the latest delivery timing estimates by trim level being SR & LR 2-5 weeks and Performance 6-10 weeks, I wonder if these feature upgrades will be added in 6 weeks (mid Feb) to deliver first in the higher-margin Performance trim in order to absorb the change costs.

1EC3F1F6-2EE5-41C0-9F32-95C98619131E.jpeg

We've been waiting for the 7-seater so it won't be too hard to wait a little longer for these items. Truth be told, the most important one for us is the HEPA filter. The biggest thing we miss from our S (returned after lease) is the HEPA. You couldn't smell a thing from the outside in that car, Driving an EV, the emissions from cars around you are even more noticeable and knowing that less/none of that is getting in the cabin is important. Plus, with wildfire smoke being so regular now even in the Pacific Northwest, the HEPA's going to be a welcome addition.

In any event, eager to get confirmation on that add!

Reactions: MTOman