Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y and 3 aftermarket or modified head support / headrest options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model 3 and Y head supports are what they are. Like many of us, I find them way too hard and poorly designed. Driving on rough roads are a nightmare. I'm 6' 3", good posture, seat is set pretty much like in picture of the blue dummy in Tesla's owners manual. Bending the supports don't solve the problem. Headrest pillows are not my thing, I'm not looking to support my neck.

I've looked for alternative, softer and possibly adjustable headrests for a while and only now found these from Alibaba: https://shorturl.at/ixSTW and https://shorturl.at/syOT7

Has anyone tried these? Or have you found any similar products?

Reactions: Skavatar
i agree. when i test drove a YLR. first thing I noticed was my head being pushed forward and the seat being too concave. i'm 6' tall and have chronic upper back pain and need to keep my neck/upper back as straight as possible.

if you get it I would like to know if they're better than the Tesla headrests. TY

Reactions: koskisolli
Honestly, I'm floored that they allowed stiff, non-adjustable, pain-inducing headrests on the Y.
I'm 6'2" and I couldn't hate my front headrests more - having to adjust to that position
has actually hurt my posture.
I appreciate the links, and I'm also looking into headrests from other cars.

Success: I just read on a youtube comment about simply flipping the headrest around.
It's slightly back, but what a relief to not have my head pushed forward.
There is a guy on youtube who actually bends the bars, which might be a great compromise with the
flip-around.
Anyway, I'm done being in a neck-stress position in my Y.
Hope that helps.

I found these on Amazon and tried them out. Best interior upgrade I've made. They gave me all the necessary adjustments, are much more comfortable and look decent. No more hitting my head to the upper section of those hard original headrests.
IMG_1165_small.jpg

I thought about wrapping the rears with another material but after couple days I think the rear sides look similar to the plastics I have in rear doors (Model Y Shanghai 2021) so decided to keep them as they are. Installation took 5 minutes. I can highly recomment these.

• Love
I found these on Amazon and tried them out. Best interior upgrade I've made. They gave me all the necessary adjustments, are much more comfortable and look decent. No more hitting my head to the upper section of those hard original headrests.View attachment 1036508

I thought about wrapping the rears with another material but after couple days I think the rear sides look similar to the plastics I have in rear doors (Model Y Shanghai 2021) so decided to keep them as they are. Installation took 5 minutes. I can highly recomment these.

I seem to have difficulty finding the link to these Amazon sourced headrests? Could someone kindly point me in the right direction please.