Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y AC compressor failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new 2023 model Y came with a faulty AC compressor. Tesla service is replacing it, but is claiming it will take more than a week to complete the repair. This is after waiting 3 weeks to get the parts. Is this normal? Why should any repair take that long?

Our AC just failed. 2022 Model Y RWD. Lodged service via app. Response on first working day after I lodged it (failed on a public holiday). One week to get the parts in. Low refrigerant, and apparently super manifold & AC compressor require replacing. All covered under warranty.

As an aside, we have had the AC stink problem twice in 3 months as well. I replaced the cabin filters and the dirty sock smell then came back after about 6-8 weeks.

Will let the forum know of anything I learn in the process. Interested to hear if anyone else has had the AC fail so early on in life.

Our AC just failed. 2022 Model Y RWD. Lodged service via app. Response on first working day after I lodged it (failed on a public holiday). One week to get the parts in. Low refrigerant, and apparently super manifold & AC compressor require replacing. All covered under warranty.

As an aside, we have had the AC stink problem twice in 3 months as well. I replaced the cabin filters and the dirty sock smell then came back after about 6-8 weeks.

Will let the forum know of anything I learn in the process. Interested to hear if anyone else has had the AC fail so early on in life.
The AC did not fail but my 2020 LRMY (early 10xxx serial number) developed an AC compressor oil leak during the first two weeks after delivery. It could have been leaking compressor oil at delivery but I only noticed yellowish green (color like a tennis ball) fluid on the floor of my garage at that time. By the time Tesla Mobile service could inspect the issue, follow up another week went by. I continued to drive the Model Y for short trips as it was a slow leak. After back and forth Tesla said I should have the Model Y towed to the Service Center. Tesla Service had to order parts two different times. The repairs took a total of 10 days including over two weekends. Tesla provided me with a Model S loaner until the repair was completed. The compressor oil leak has not so far recurred.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: crc77 and cwerdna