Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Production ramp up discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you asked for it.... This is a total WAG What is the WAG on reservation drop outs so we can guess when I will see our X?
Week ending
# produced
Cumulative total
10/2/2015
10/9/2015
10/16/2015
10/23/2015
10/30/2015
11/6/2015
11/13/2015
11/20/2015
11/27/2015
12/4/2015
12/11/2015
12/18/2015
12/25/2015
1/1/2016
1/8/2016
1/15/2016
1/22/2016
1/29/2016

Anyone have an opening in their estimating department. My reputation precedes me.

At this point, I don't think we're going to see any Production models delivered in 2015, other than perhaps a token model to say that it was done. New Model S reservations are already booked into December (or Late December for P70).

It's too bad, because I adjusted my retirement contributions to increase taxable income this year in hopes of applying the $7,500 tax credit, and I think that might have been all for naught.

At this point, I don't think we're going to see any Production models delivered in 2015, other than perhaps a token model to say that it was done. New Model S reservations are already booked into December (or Late December for P70).

It's too bad, because I adjusted my retirement contributions to increase taxable income this year in hopes of applying the $7,500 tax credit, and I think that might have been all for naught.

Should still have time to affect any 401(k) contributions to try and catch up, and most certainly can still affect IRA contributions through April, no? Would hate to see this cause you any tax inefficiency.

Should still have time to affect any 401(k) contributions to try and catch up, and most certainly can still affect IRA contributions through April, no? Would hate to see this cause you any tax inefficiency.

401(k) contribution changes sometimes take 4-6 weeks to take effect at my employer, so I'll need to decide this week if I'm going to try to catch the window for December payroll. IRA contributions are an option, although I usually prefer the Roth.

Has anyone taken a factory tour recently? Did you see anything eXciting you can mention without violating your tour NDA?

Off-topic:

Forgot to mention in another thread... When I was at the Factory Store on Monday, I volunteered to photograph a very-excited-looking Millennial couple in front of the huge "TESLA" sign on the factory. They told me they're tourists from Czechoslovakia. Volunteered they can't afford the car yet, so I told them about the Model 3 being unveiled in March, 2016. This story demonstrates the kind of worldwide brand awareness that Tesla has built without spending a dime on any advertising.

Has anyone taken a factory tour recently? Did you see anything eXciting you can mention without violating your tour NDA?

Off-topic:

Forgot to mention in another thread... When I was at the Factory Store on Monday, I volunteered to photograph a very-excited-looking Millennial couple in front of the huge "TESLA" sign on the factory. They told me they're tourists from Czechoslovakia. Volunteered they can't afford the car yet, so I told them about the Model 3 being unveiled in March, 2016. This story demonstrates the kind of worldwide brand awareness that Tesla has built without spending a dime on any advertising.

Wow! Tourists from Czechoslovakia? Were they time travelers?

Last edited:
Hmm, was that Marty McFly with friends, pretending to be Czechoslovaks? Good move, Marty.

It's THE DAY so very likely!

time.jpg

I meant Czech Republic - apologies to all non-time traveling Czechs on TMC!

Wow! Tourists from Czechoslovakia? Were they time travelers?

You guys all made me laugh this AM! Of course I meant the Czech Republic! My apologies to all Czechs on TMC.

Perhaps I was having flashbacks to 1975 when I traveled with my Mom and Stepdad to Yugoslavia and Budapest (I'm 1/4 Hungarian). She needed special DoD permission to go because of her sensitive CORADCOM position. I didn't tell her about the highlight of my trip until we left Yugoslavia. I was detained for about 3 hours in Dubrovnik at the military police station after I'd gone hiking on my own (too bored to see yet another museum, etc.) I shot an 8 mm film of a Yugoslavian MP holding his machine gun in front of the guardhouse. When he started walking towards me waving his weapon to signal "come hither" I decided it would be best to immediately comply so I raised both arms with camera in hand and walked slowly towards him. It didn't help matters that I had hours of cassette tapes and a Sony tape recorder in my large camera bag slung across my shoulder! The Commandant had a scary-looking scar across his face, and absolutely no sense of humor when his meal was interrupted when a 16-year old American teenager was brought in to meet him...

I returned to Dubrovnik in the Summer of 2013, but it was a cruise stopover so I didn't have time to see if that police station is still there. I just checked Google Maps and it is:

https://goo.gl/maps/bppzusXd48D2
https://goo.gl/maps/XwHaLyrS4H42

Last edited: