Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P100D Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the P100D. Yeah baby yeah.

Attachments

• 20160916_162752.jpg
    20160916_162752.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 211
Now that I've put my 'real life thinking hat' on, I don't think a retrofit for AP 2.0 will happen. It is my understanding that the hardware that is being developed for AP 2.0 would have needed to have been submitted and approved by DOT as the manufacturing of the Model X began.

DOT compliance is not something requiring submissions and approvals, as far as I know. manufacturers generate a letter stating they are DOT compliant, and that is that. YOu may have confused DOT with EPA compliance, where in fact EPa requires engine and emissions testing of new model vehicles and motors, and EPA declares a submitted motor and/or vehicle as "EPA approved" (whereas DOT is self-stated by the vehicle or parts manufacturer as 'DOT compliant."

• Informative
Reactions: systemcrashed
DOT compliance is not something requiring submissions and approvals, as far as I know. manufacturers generate a letter stating they are DOT compliant, and that is that. YOu may have confused DOT with EPA compliance, where in fact EPa requires engine and emissions testing of new model vehicles and motors, and EPA declares a submitted motor and/or vehicle as "EPA approved" (whereas DOT is self-stated by the vehicle or parts manufacturer as 'DOT compliant."

Is the same true for the NHTSA? Would they have any requirements that would need to be met in order to approve AP 2.0 hardware? If not, a retrofit package might be a plausible option.

It is sitting at 253 RM at 90% this morning. They set the charge level to 100% at the delivery center, but the SoC never made it above 90% before we rolled out so I don't yet have a number at 100%.

Thanks for the info, I want to get my wife in a Model X soon! She is still in the fossil ages...

You may consider adding your data point to the 90% thread: X: What's your 90%?

By the way, congrats on waiting since 2014 for this awesome piece of machinery. Can't imagine what that wait was like, but I'm sure it was well worth it :)

It is sitting at 253 RM at 90% this morning. They set the charge level to 100% at the delivery center, but the SoC never made it above 90% before we rolled out so I don't yet have a number at 100%.
I fully charged it last Thursday before heading to LA. Made it to LA with only one stop from Fremont CA

Attachments

• IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    496.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0649.PNG
    IMG_0649.PNG
    283.6 KB · Views: 151