Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our Model X in October of 2022. When we placed the order, they told us it would be ready sometime in Feb. Okay, no problems. Feb comes around and we check and they said our car wont be ready until July. Okay fine. On March 31st, the last day of the month and last day of the quarter, Elon decides to text us and say our car is ready for pick up at the Fremont factory at 7pm. We come to the factory somewhat confused but excited at the same time. We didn't know what to do or where to go. We had no idea we were supposed to wait for another text indicating where the car would be located. So I went inside and asked them. I gave them my VIN # and they said, "You're car is not ready yet and is still coming out of the factory now." I asked them, "are they still installing the bumper or something jokingly of course." She laughed and said why don't you guys go get dinner, come back and the car should be ready. So that's what we did. We went to go get dinner, came back around 9pm and car still wasnt ready. We waited another 2 1/2 hours... by 11:30am, we get a text message stating that our car is located at XXX parking lot. So my wife and I walk there... find our car, un-lock it and went home. We didn't talk to anyone which was kind of nice but at the same time, this was our first Tesla buying experience. We literally had to go on youtube to figure out how to use the car and drive it home.

The next morning, I took it out and I was appalled at the quality build. I am NOT exaggerating when I say this... but there was paint ALL OVER the car. Wherever you see black trim on the car... it's littered with white specs of paint. The rear quarter panel and door DOESN"T have a CLEAR COAT!!! Can you believe that?!!?! There's no clear coat on the door and 1/4 panel! None of the panels fit properly. On all 4 doors at the bottom, you can see paint running down. It literally looks like my 5 year old son painted the car with a can! There's bubbles and paint drip and over spray EVERYWHERE!!! I mean I know Tesla is awful... I've heard horror stories but this.... this is on another level of pathetic. We've owned the car for about 2 weeks now and everyday, I find something new. For a $110k dollar car... I wasn't expecting this.

They asked to make an appointment. But I am worried if I drop off the car, I wont see the car back for at least 3 months. During this time while they make it right, am I going to get a comparable loaner car? Will they be making my payments while the car is in the shop? This is ridiculous and i would NEVER buy another Tesla nor would I recommend anyone to buy one. Elon doesnt car about his customer's. He only cares about his investors. He rushed hundreds of ppl to come pick up their car on the last day of the 1/4 so he can make quota so his investors are happy. But what about his customers? Oh wait, Tesla is a tech company, not a car company. They could give 2 shits about customer service.

I don't know who to talk to or to turn to. We are new to the Tesla family and right about now, we want out of this family. It's insane to see so many Teslas on the road. How is this possible?? The car is *sugar*. The company is *sugar*. Why are ppl like me so stupid enough to fall for this? The cool factor just isnt worth it!

We ordered our Model X in October of 2022. When we placed the order, they told us it would be ready sometime in Feb. Okay, no problems. Feb comes around and we check and they said our car wont be ready until July. Okay fine. On March 31st, the last day of the month and last day of the quarter, Elon decides to text us and say our car is ready for pick up at the Fremont factory at 7pm. We come to the factory somewhat confused but excited at the same time. We didn't know what to do or where to go. We had no idea we were supposed to wait for another text indicating where the car would be located. So I went inside and asked them. I gave them my VIN # and they said, "You're car is not ready yet and is still coming out of the factory now." I asked them, "are they still installing the bumper or something jokingly of course." She laughed and said why don't you guys go get dinner, come back and the car should be ready. So that's what we did. We went to go get dinner, came back around 9pm and car still wasnt ready. We waited another 2 1/2 hours... by 11:30am, we get a text message stating that our car is located at XXX parking lot. So my wife and I walk there... find our car, un-lock it and went home. We didn't talk to anyone which was kind of nice but at the same time, this was our first Tesla buying experience. We literally had to go on youtube to figure out how to use the car and drive it home.

The next morning, I took it out and I was appalled at the quality build. I am NOT exaggerating when I say this... but there was paint ALL OVER the car. Wherever you see black trim on the car... it's littered with white specs of paint. The rear quarter panel and door DOESN"T have a CLEAR COAT!!! Can you believe that?!!?! There's no clear coat on the door and 1/4 panel! None of the panels fit properly. On all 4 doors at the bottom, you can see paint running down. It literally looks like my 5 year old son painted the car with a can! There's bubbles and paint drip and over spray EVERYWHERE!!! I mean I know Tesla is awful... I've heard horror stories but this.... this is on another level of pathetic. We've owned the car for about 2 weeks now and everyday, I find something new. For a $110k dollar car... I wasn't expecting this.

They asked to make an appointment. But I am worried if I drop off the car, I wont see the car back for at least 3 months. During this time while they make it right, am I going to get a comparable loaner car? Will they be making my payments while the car is in the shop? This is ridiculous and i would NEVER buy another Tesla nor would I recommend anyone to buy one. Elon doesnt car about his customer's. He only cares about his investors. He rushed hundreds of ppl to come pick up their car on the last day of the 1/4 so he can make quota so his investors are happy. But what about his customers? Oh wait, Tesla is a tech company, not a car company. They could give 2 shits about customer service.

I don't know who to talk to or to turn to. We are new to the Tesla family and right about now, we want out of this family. It's insane to see so many Teslas on the road. How is this possible?? The car is *sugar*. The company is *sugar*. Why are ppl like me so stupid enough to fall for this? The cool factor just isnt worth it!
Damn. That's a brutal review. I can honestly say if everything you mention is accurate/ not exaggerated, I would be just as pissed as you. I would sell that POS and move on to something else. Why don't you post pictures on here? May help others make a more informed decision.

damn that sucks! it almost seems like they didnt even expect you to come that day since your car was still probably being made lol it seems like they rushed it out to you and it came out subpar. I also ordered october 2021 and getting it this weekend!