Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely we know that 1 new colour, the golden silver is guaranteed ?

tesla-model-x-front-three-quarter-in-motion.jpg

Interesting. Maybe after 2 years delay it was time to put that colour into action before it becomes out of fashion? Perhaps this means they've come up with some new colours for current times. So hopefully they'll follow the 2016 SUV colour trends.

I now want Sunray with a high sparkle gloss. Right up there with HRHLGP! :)

Interesting read on 2016-2017 trends from PPG website: AUTOMOTIVE COLOR TRENDS - PPG Industries

Excerpt:
Trending colors in the future
Looking ahead, Harrington said drivers may see more blue in 2014 models. PPG’s data has shown increases in the popularity of blue for certain regions and vehicle types, such as an increase in North America this year and more than double the popularity in sport models there between 2011 and 2013.

2016-2017 Automotive Color Palettes

In response to the continued demand for color innovation in automotive coatings, PPG has introduced more than 60 exterior shades to manufacturers for consideration in styling 2016-2017 model year vehicles. Titled “Colorography,” the collection includes five palettes:

• Hi-Breed emphasizes the new design harmony between man and nature with a palette consisting of neutrals, pastels and bright hues such as Lapis, a brilliant gemstone blue that uses ANDARO® tint dispersions by PPG.
  • Mosaic is based on the wealth of artisan patterns, shapes and prints, as well as their strong colorations, and it includes colors such as Autumn, a vivid metallic orange with colored aluminum flake that evokes an image of fall foliage.
  • New Spirit reflects the primitive, natural colors of a desert sunset with shades such as Sunray, an intense yellow tri-coat color with a high-sparkle glass flake.
  • Magnifigance combines the words magnificent and elegance, and the palette recaptures elaborate styling details and opulent, regal colors for a post-recession world with colors such as Mystic Magenta, a vibrant purple with a unique hue-shift effect.
  • Theorem is a precise and minimal contemporary palette that uses rich brown, red and deep blue as accents for balanced neutrals such as Crisp Grey, a graphite color with a surprise highlight of green metallic.

Global Color Trends by Region

North America

Sport models are most likely to feature shades of red and blue,
The largest percentage of gold and beige vehicles is in the minivan segment,
Luxury vehicles, 57 percent of which were gray in 2013, are most likely to feature effect
finishes in black metallic and white pearl, and
Color varies most across sport utility vehicles (SUVs), with relatively equal distributions
finished in shades of white, black, blue, red and gray

Europe

Sport models are most likely to feature colours in the “other” category,
The largest percentage of green vehicles is in the sport utility vehicle (SUV) segment,
Luxury vehicles are most likely to feature black and grey finishes, and they are least likely to feature white, silver or green.

Asia Pacific

Mini car models are least likely to feature gray and green shades, and
The largest percentages of black and white vehicles are in the luxury segment.

See more at: AUTOMOTIVE COLOR TRENDS - PPG Industries

Just adding to those voices who thought the Model S brown and green were amazing and are missed. Now green didn't suprise me as I generally like metallic green for cars, but the brown... i would have never thought that can look good until I saw one in person. Beautiful velvety, chocolate brown... hope they bring these 2 back. I hate the "50 shades of grey" they sell now. So boring, (Oh and a darker cherry red would be a nice addition too).

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. +5.