Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Underglow Kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to install some underglow on my Model S, Just unsure on where to connect to the terminals at. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have the Fuse box where it looks like the 12V battery splits to. Would i be able to connect to these or do i need to remove the frunk and connect directly to the 12V?

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 148
Underglow is illegal in many parts of the USA. I'm sure you know this, but if not it can result in impounded cars and lots of costs. Especially if you are using emergency colors, then you could even lose your car. Many areas are EXTREMELY serious about this.

Otherwise I would add a fuse and controller, don't tap into existing.

Looking to install some underglow on my Model S, Just unsure on where to connect to the terminals at. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have the Fuse box where it looks like the 12V battery splits to. Would i be able to connect to these or do i need to remove the frunk and connect directly to the 12V?
I would use an add-a-fuse so you get a fused connection. I would not connect directly to the battery.

Here's my fuse connection guide (as it varies a lot with different years): Fuses and Current Protection – TeslaTap

To Scot - In my state MO it is legal as long as its not Blue and red.
----------------------
Thank you for this. I actually found this website very helpful. My next question is the kit does have a fuse line to add. But i dont know where to put it in the fuse box. I have a prefacelift 2015 MS 90d I see fuses are not being used but unsure on where to place the fuseline on for constant 12v power to power the strips.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I would use an add-a-fuse so you get a fused connection. I would not connect directly to the battery.

Here's my fuse connection guide (as it varies a lot with different years): Fuses and Current Protection – TeslaTap
Thank you for this. I actually found this website very helpful. My next question is the kit does have a fuse line to add. But i dont know where to put it in the fuse box. I have a prefacelift 2015 MS 90d I see fuses are not being used but unsure on where to place the fuseline on for constant 12v power to power the strips.