Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model S sightings in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. Black S85 and yeah the license plate lights are blue ;-) I figured I'll keep them 'til I get my first ticket ;-)

5lxfnb.jpg

About 2 -3 weeks ago I spotted 2 MS on the same corner within a few moments. One was silver and the other blue I think. Lakeshore and York street in Toronto. I was is awe of the first one so when I saw the second...had to stop and stare. 15 Days till my black one arrives.

A brand-spanking new black P85+ dropped in today for a charge. This is a Tesla demo car, brought to town from Toronto for some test drives. Then it will become the new Montreal demo car.

Img_2324.jpg

Red calipers!
Img_2326.jpg

#26726 - numbers are getting up there!

So here's a twist: I was in a meeting the other day when the subject of my Model S came up. An attendee (who I don't really know very well) asks if I was on the DVP at a particular date/time. I said that I was and he busts out his iPhone, flips through some pictures and hands me his phone asking "is that you?" I look at the picture and sure enough, it's me from the rear! He says "I was the guy in the red car trying to catch up with you!"

I was driving home in a rental car from Chicago yesterday, and passed two auto transports loaded with Teslas on I-69 between Lansing and Flint (I'll get to the Ontario part in a moment!). If I wasn't driving, it would have been cool to snap a picture of them going past the big Chevy plant there. One truck had 7 cars and the other 8.

There was a long line of cars at the Port Huron/Sarnia crossing, but trucks have a special lane. After I'd crossed over and was on the 402 towards London, I passed them again! I didn't notice them in the truck lane, but I guess they beat me through Customs and got ahead of me again.

So for anyone expecting a new car in the next few days, I saw them coming!