Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Ottawa sighting for me! Driving on the 417 westbound and came up behind an un-badged white MS with regular ontario plates (non green, non vanity). Drive up beside, exchanged waves and the split up at the 416/417 split (I went south)

Snapped a horrible pic (but was trying to drive)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364955874.316945.jpg

First Ottawa sighting for me! Driving on the 417 westbound and came up behind an un-badged white MS with regular ontario plates (non green, non vanity). Drive up beside, exchanged waves and the split up at the 416/417 split (I went south)

Snapped a horrible pic (but was trying to drive)

Sorry, but I have to say it... please be careful snapping pictures when driving. Texting is bad enough. :scared:

It seems putting out a "bird feeder" (uh, CS-90) is the best way to attract Teslas. Here's Mike's beautiful white, which is still charging as I write. It was delivered in Toronto a few days ago, and this is his first road trip:

Img_1582.jpg

It seems putting out a "bird feeder" (uh, CS-90) is the best way to attract Teslas. Here's Mike's beautiful white, which is still charging as I write. It was delivered in Toronto a few days ago, and this is his first road trip:

Hope to get one of those "bird feeders" in my company lot soon. Just met with SCH in my offices today and now need to get hold of the building electrician. If we can support it, I'll go for a CS-90 too.

On Friday, I'm pretty sure I saw a transport load of Model S cars heading west on Hwy 401 near Milton. I was driving east at the time, so only caught a glimpse. Not sure where they could be going, heading away from Toronto...

The temperature was close to freezing, so it looks like it is related to the insulation pattern or structure pattern on the front hood. Both cars had been sitting there for about 1 hour and it had been snowing on and off during that period.

I've occasionally seen that on my car. It appears to be a reflection of the underlying metal structure. Probably the areas with more material are colder.

These cars are unlike ICE vehicles in that the snow doesn't melt off the hood!

The temperature was close to freezing, so it looks like it is related to the insulation pattern or structure pattern on the front hood. Both cars had been sitting there for about 1 hour and it had been snowing on and off during that period.

I washed my car in the driveway yesterday, and when the sun caught the hood at just the right angle, I could see ever so slight indentations matching this snow pattern almost exactly. At first, I thought it was some kind of dent, but then noticed the pattern. It is barely perceivable and not something I'm at all worried about. I wonder if there is some reinforcement on the back side that the hood skin is tacked to in some way? I'd have to pull the interior padding off to know for sure.