Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Purchase Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

I have had a Model 3 LR 2023 for over a year and love it.

I need more space and want to upgrade to a model S.

I noticed a large Model S refresh has not happened in a while... and was wondering if anyone heard any rumours of a large upgrade coming 2024?

Should I buy now or wait?

The age-old question :)

--
DC

Buy when you are comfortable with the price and even more comfortable with any adverse depreciation from factors you cannot control (like lowered prices for new Plaids, etc.)

Get gap insurance if you are financing.

I've heard nothing, and it seems likely nothing for a few years at least. I think Tesla's teams are at hard work with the Model 3 Highland (at least for the USA), then the Cybertruck, followed by the Model Y refresh (to have similar features as the Highland), the new 25K car, and the Robotaxi. The new Roadster is hopefully on the way too. I suspect there is one or two more cars in the works - maybe a Van or smaller pickup. It doesn't mean they can't be working on a Model S/X refresh, but the last major refresh is only about 16 months old. For a low-volume product, it could be another 3-5 years before a S/X refresh appears.

Reactions: Yelobird
Hey All,

I noticed a large Model S refresh has not happened in a while... and was wondering if anyone heard any rumours of a large upgrade coming 2024?

--
DC
There have been discussions that the S and X will receive the same interior lighting of the new 3 and Cybertruck much like they predict the Y is in line to also get. The only problem is they are entirely new pieces not simple add-ons. Indications are that is one of the reasons for the drastic price cuts of the S and X, but again pure speculation at this point. So if that is important to you then I'd wait, if not the prices are much better than a month ago!

There have been discussions that the S and X will receive the same interior lighting of the new 3 and Cybertruck much like they predict the Y is in line to also get. The only problem is they are entirely new pieces not simple add-ons. Indications are that is one of the reasons for the drastic price cuts of the S and X, but again pure speculation at this point. So if that is important to you then I'd wait, if not the prices are much better than a month ago!
Thank you for the update. Is it possible for you to refer me to the discussion group on the updated interior ambient lighting and any other 2024 changes please? Looking to ordering a 2024 S mid next year. Thank you!

Hey All,

--
DC
Hi dac9. I am on the same exact road as you. I plan on ordering the Model S mid 2024 for a September delivery date. Hopefully more info on any updates will be out before then.

Have a good one!

Thank you for the update. Is it possible for you to refer me to the discussion group on the updated interior ambient lighting and any other 2024 changes please? Looking to ordering a 2024 S mid next year. Thank you!
Think when they state “discussion” they are referring to forum rumor/wishes. I believe post #3 above is the most valid outlook for the Model SX. They have Many things on their plate and the Model S changes are way down that list.