Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Performance Full Interior (black/red/alcantara)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FABA9E87-4177-4B97-BE01-B5F95EAA689D.jpeg
32CA9EFC-54C3-4F43-B1AC-4C7FE48205AB.jpeg
EBC69EA7-C172-407A-B91B-3925C85DD272.jpeg
54B53BCE-7DDC-4D97-8FF8-933EC897D4F3.jpeg
2C8B901A-5A21-4719-B3C9-D16B0B25A9E1.jpeg
This entire set of seats (front and rear with all related) came out of my 10/2014 build P85+. They are the “improved” original style seats that are black leather with red piping and Black Alcantara inlays that came on Performance models. Look amazing but I wanted Next Gen Seats for bolsters so did Full swap recently.

Modified driver side headrest for more comfort (professional job) by changing hard headrest insert to softer foam as I’m 6’3” and it used to hit me between shoulder blades...huge improvement if you are taller or shorter!!! Comes with everything you need to update or upgrade your S Interior from the drab standard or non leather seats! If you have older car, swap your seat control wiring harness to these (DIY). If newer car (mid 2015+) then I have the harnesses for you. Some prefer these wider backed and less bolstered seats to newer styles. These were the best of first/second gen seats!

Great condition with 20k of normal wear but car was primarily a solo commuter.

Some minor flaws and one decent scratch on passenger front seat (see pic for full disclosure) . Can have my shop address if it bothers you or do yourself. Priced according to condition and my desire to sell quickly. My garage is overflowing with Tesla parts, please help me make room for new toys!

Located in SoCal 90049 (Brentwood). No shipping unless you handle it but local delivery possible for right price. I can drop to a shipping place but can’t pack or prep for shipping, sorry.

$1,750 OBO.

Passenger next gen Seat $699
21” turbine set with TPMS, caps and Tires for $2300 obo
Matte Black Arachnids set brand new for $4800
Stock lugs-free
Those are the big things... dm me if interested in discount to take it all away, lol. I’m traveling for holiday and work on/off for next six weeks and want to move this stuff.

And not sure what the little white dots are but they will brush off. The seats are in really great shape other than the scratch which just happened during moving them back and forth and swapping. I can get that fixed for about $100 if needed and these will look excellent in your car! They were near perfect when removed with very minor/normal wear.

elnut,
It depends on what seats are in your car and from what era, etc. What I learned is best for compatibility sake was to take the harnesses (controls section, not airbag) and swap them over. There were changes as time goes on as far as they car itself but they all do the same functions. If you have a 2014 car, this should almost be plug and play. If your seats already have lumbar and heat options, you may not need any programming changes and it would be truly plug and play. I had the dealership do mine as I needed an airbag adapter and programming changes as well as an Avatar update (cool).

You are welcome to come and see them in person so there are not any surprises. My pictures suck and the white stuff all brushes off. I believe it was from packing materials/fabric they used to cover them once they removed them but I assure you they are in great shape other than the flaw on the passenger seat and a few scratches on the rear seat due to somebody's jeans or pants buckles... I'll PM you with my number to discuss. Dealership labor was a few hours but mine were much more involved than yours might be. Can't say until I know more about your situation. Did mine in West LA SC and I can refer you to my service advisor who now knows a lot about this process...

I'll be out of town for a week starting Thursday for thanksgiving so if you want them soon, we would need to get this done by Wednesday. I'm negotiable given scratches (grrrrrr). Priced to sell quickly obviously as I've seen these go for much, much more...

I don't, sorry. It was a Tesla part that I think was built for the Next Gen Adaptations when they had a TSB from last March. They apparently no longer do this retrofit officially but this adapter exists... It was only about $50 so you'll need to call your SC/Advisor.

Kato
Do you have the info on the airbag adaptor you that was used. I have the same issue on the seat swap out in my MS I have the black connector on my NG seat and my first gen seats have the yellow connectors.

Just re-read. If you are taking about the main harnesses/connectors, not the smaller airbag one, you need to just swap over the whole 'harness' from your old suits on to the next gens but you will still need the airbag adapter from Tesla and a reprogramming. The controls are the same but the car side was apparently changed mid stream... Older next gen's have the older style adapter, newer, newer. There is a mfr. date on the next gens but it sounds you too had a mismatch.

Hopefully others who are selling these seats are calling this fact out so they don't sell things that won't work in peoples' cars... I learned the hard way (my seller did warn me of the potential challenge) but was able to solve the problem with help from Tesla engineering and a great adviser and tech team at my SC.

At the end of the day, it's worth it to me as these seats fit me better. It's a personal preference thing as to which is "better" however! I have read more than a few threads and wanted ads about people swapping in the first gen seats because they are more comfy for them/their driving needs!

Is it plug and play for 2016 Model S?

You will need to confirm with Tesla that the software is the same based on the current seats in your car. I don't know what you have so can't say for sure... I have the newer style plugs for your car I believe (they changed at some point so I had to use my "old" ones as my car is a 2014). Hopefully yes, but you will need to check. My car is a 2014, October build but the harnesses I have are from a late 2015 Next Gen Seat (same functions but later body harness I was told). PM me with what's in your car today and maybe I can help you out.

Having said all of that, it can be done and the local SC did my swap over. :)

Reactions: MelaniainLA