Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Options/Pricing: Things I Liked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very pleasantly surprised at the price of the Pano roof. I expected $2,500 and wouldn't have been too surprised if it was $5,000. Think of all the tech in there! Special glass and retraction mechanism, plus they somehow incorporated a manual shade for those Florida wankers. ;)

It was surprising that they're requiring a pano roof for satellite radio when they could have installed the antenna somewhere on the dash, behind the rearview mirror, or even at the top of the hatchback window.

Ahem...! It's a smooth 79°F here at lunchtime today. Envious?

On a serious note, that shade would have been a major factor so I'm very happy it's there.

Hi Mycroft,
Yep, another Florida wanker here, eating lunch outside on the lanai on December 23rd. :tongue:

Yes, I too was pleasantly surprised by the addition of the sunshade along with the reasonable price. With the absence of the shade I had just about eliminated the panoramic roof from consideration. Now, depending on how well Tesla has integrated the shade with the roof I will probably select the panoramic roof option.

Besides, if I ever want satellite radio its a must.:confused: Weird, although Tesla representatives claim this was a deliberate design choice to omit the satellite antenna, I have got to believe that this embarassing decision will eventually be reversed.

Larry

While many threads have highlighted the unpopular elements of Tuesday's release, more than a few points in the new/updated options and features pages made me smile:
  • Narrower body: a comparatively skinny 77.3", apparently including mirrors. Somehow it lost 6" over the fall; I wish I had!

• Also like this!

[*]Front leg-room of 42", a bit better than similar cars. Rear leg-room isn't bad, either, and presumably I can trade off one for the other.
    But will it be driveable by short people? I don't give a damn about leg room of 42" -- my legs' outseam is only 37" to the back of my hip. My fiancee is shorter. My mother has even shorter legs. Will our feet reach the pedals?!?

[*]Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
    Excellent!... as long as it telescopes severely INWARD for the short.

This reminds me that I actually do have to test drive the car, even though I'm pretty nearly committed to it. If my fiancee's feet don't reach the pedals, that is, naturally, a deal-breaker! I'm just ASSuming that Tesla has some short people on staff to test drive...

the options page has been updated to indicate that the performance versions will have all of the interior accent options including the cf accents instead of only being stuck with one choice. Will browse to see if there are other diffs.

Not sure if it was listed before but, under the "charging" section, it now specifically states that the 60kWh battery will be able to access the Supercharger network. It seems that all they have to do is figure out the price for the needed hardware and software to allow for Supercharging.

Not sure if it was listed before but, under the "charging" section, it now specifically states that the 60kWh battery will be able to access the Supercharger network. It seems that all they have to do is figure out the price for the needed hardware and software to allow for Supercharging.

Not on my screen...

ae319335-c306-c843.jpg

After my recent visit to see the Beta Model S here are my likes:

-Overall size of the S
-The suspension stance
-The dark wood accents
-The fit and finish of the interior
-Seat design but not leather (too soft, may wear too soon)
-The speaker in the liftgate
-The 200 Watt sound system
-The 17" screen of course
-Power folding mirrors

After my recent visit to see the Beta Model S here are my likes:

-Overall size of the S
-The suspension stance
-The dark wood accents
-The fit and finish of the interior
-Seat design but not leather (too soft, may wear too soon)
-The speaker in the liftgate
-The 200 Watt sound system
-The 17" screen of course
-Power folding mirrors

Speaker in the lift gate?

scroll up a little bit. It's in the frame at the very beginning of the charging station just to the right of the picture of the charger plugged into the Model S (closeup of the rear) it's the last line. It's not in the specific "supercharger" section.

Spotted it, thanks. They should fully update the page

Posting again because my browser ate my homework...

@AnOutsider - 3 locations of interest for 60 kWh and supercharging on the options page:
1. BATTERY & PERFORMANCE, Battery Specs, Table, 60 kWh, Supercharging - "Optional"
2. CHARGING, Charging, 2nd paragraph - "60 or 85 kWh"
3. CHARGING, Supercharger Access, bottom icons, 60 kWh, caption - "TBD"

Posting again because my browser ate my homework...

@AnOutsider - 3 locations of interest for 60 kWh and supercharging on the options page:
1. BATTERY & PERFORMANCE, Battery Specs, Table, 60 kWh, Supercharging - "Optional"
2. CHARGING, Charging, 2nd paragraph - "60 or 85 kWh"
3. CHARGING, Supercharger Access, bottom icons, 60 kWh, caption - "TBD"

isn't that pretty much the same language that's been on that page since they put it up? With the "optional" in one place, and TBD in the other making it somewhat ambiguous?