Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in Hawaii For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
gmtom1 - they gave me a separate refund check for my unused extended warranty and prepaid annual maintenance that I hadn't used when I sold my 60 about a year ago. I sold to a private party for $10K more than Tesla offered.

Did you look at the Tesla CPO site? Some 2013 60s are in the mid-50k range. IMO, at $50K, you'll get a lot of offers like I did when I sold my 40 last year. Seems like that's the sweet spot for LEAF owners looking to upgrade to a Tesla :)

I checked both EV-CPO and the TM site. There was a pretty wide variety of prices, but none here in HI, and I only see one listing currently on Craigslist. I'm debating if I should go higher and purchase the $4k extended warranty, since that's only available to me.

The second debate is if I roll the "profit" into another MS, or just wait it out until I can get into an MX later in 2016. A third option might be to lease a MS now, and take a risk that TM will be willing to let me trade it in for an MX in 12 months.

Life is full of choices.... :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

gmtom1 - they gave me a separate refund check for my unused extended warranty and prepaid annual maintenance that I hadn't used when I sold my 60 about a year ago. I sold to a private party for $10K more than Tesla offered.

I dont' have the ext. warranty now, but I checked and it's transferable to the 2nd owner, as long as I purchase it before I sell the MS. I thought it might be valuable to a less experienced/unsure new EV buyer.

In case someone is looking for a 2017 Model S that is already on Oahu and is a very good deal, please take a look at this one.
Its been on Craigslist for more than a month now. Its almost brand new with about 600 miles on it. The elder owner says its too much car.
Priced now at almost $ 20,000 less than what he paid. And even though its advertised as a 60, all 60 since 2016 are software limited 75s.
So there's more battery than listed.
2017 Tesla Model S 60 **Brand New** EXTRAS

Just posting a heads up just incase someone is looking.... I will be selling my Model S soon...

2014 (Dec 9 2014 birthdate) Delivered 12/20/2014
Just a little over 30,000 miles, Excellent condition
60kWh
Pearl White
19" wheels only about 13,000 miles on the rims and tires
Black Napa Leather
Piano Black Decor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Tech Package with AP1
Premium Interior Package
Front Center Console
LTE upgrade
35% tint.

Asking $52,000 OBO

Last edited:
Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
Last chance.... going going to be gone soon $50,000

2014 (Dec 9 2014 birthdate) Delivered 12/20/2014
Just a little over 30,500 miles, Excellent condition
60kWh
Pearl White
19" wheels only about 13,000 miles on the rims and tires
Black Napa Leather
Piano Black Decor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Tech Package with AP1
Premium Interior Package
Front Center Console
LTE upgrade
35% tint.

Asking $50,000 OBO

Reactions: nanimac
That definitely does not look like Pearl City. This is the 3rd day of the post. At $40k, if this were a legit post and the car is as good as it states, it would have been gone long ago. Maybe you have to go to Houston to pick upo_O.

Sellers Beware! :mad: One of the owners recently let me know about a bad experience when trying to sell their car via Craigslist. The buyer (initials A.C.) seemed very legit but turned out to be fraudelent and actually has several civil lawsuits against them with at least one other person (Audi owner) experiencing the same type of fraud. While this experience was unfortunate and the seller was able to recover the car, some good learning lessons should come out of this.

As Tesla owners, I believe we are all more astute than the average car owner so will try to pre-screen potential buyers as best we can (meet them in person, get a business card, gauge if they are financially able to buy the car, etc.) But unfortunately there are smart dishonest people out there too. You can check for any civil lawsuits that the buyer may be part of via Hawaii State Judiciary Ho'ohiki.

Feel free to post any other helpful tips for screening buyers or your thoughts on private sales.

Last edited:
Aloha All,

I am the owner who was almost scammed by this gentleman named Adam Harvey Camp. Long story but I thought I had all the bases covered. He had my Model S for almost a week before I even realized the transaction was reversed. He is only 27 years old. I will post a copy of his DL license later on. At 27, he already has 5 civil suits (go to Hawaii State Judiciary Ho'ohiki) but that doesn't include the 5 vehicles that he bought fraudulently (and tried to sell according to the cops). The officer who is investigating him told me that Adam has been keeping him busy lately and his activities are not limited to the islands.

If you are a member of other car clubs, it may be a good idea to warn their members. He seems to be "in the market" for expensive cars. There is long thread in the Audi R8 Forum about him.

BTW, yesterday I got a call from a police officer because Adam Camp filed a harassment charge against me for posting his DL and some "deragatory" info about him on craigslist. The cop was actually amused and so was I.

After my long conversation with the police officer, I called one of my good buddies in the force and he did a google search on him and this came up:

ADAM CAMP FORGERY THEIF - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle ...
https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/d/adam-camp-forgery-theif/6503202634.html
2 days ago - ADAM CAMP MADE A FAKE CHECK AND TRIED TO CASH IT FROM A GUY ON KAUAI. THE GUYS BANK STOPPED HIM FROM CASHING A 3500 CHECK. WHAT A SCUM BAG ADAM CAMP IS! ****ER TURN YOURSELF IN BEFORE THE BOYS GET...

Adam, if you're reading this, and I know you are, I have nothing to do with the craigslist post. I'll leave your fate to your other victims.

Please PM me if you need more info. I have quite a bit more.