Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just applied for "OHM FACE" on the Roadster. Hopefully someone in the Nebraska DMV either has a sense of humor or that's obscure enough of a reference. :eek:

I scoured this site to see if anyone else had used it first, because someone already beat me to the 1.21 GW reference I wanted first. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes!

Attachments

• o-face.jpg
    o-face.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,381
View attachment 7769

This is our plate waiting til mid 2013 for our Model S to put it on. (if I have managed to attach it)

Cool! Peter, does the wording above and below come with the plate itself? It's neat that the equivalent of the DMV in NZ lets you have slogans like that!

Regarding all the electricity/magnetism/flux-capacitor references, nice "geek" stuff! I'm going more the treehugger route with OILSTNX :)

Cool! Peter, does the wording above and below come with the plate itself? It's neat that the equivalent of the DMV in NZ lets you have slogans like that!

Regarding all the electricity/magnetism/flux-capacitor references, nice "geek" stuff! I'm going more the treehugger route with OILSTNX :)

Just purchased the plate, still waiting for it to be approved but I don't believe it will be an issue.

To all those with the anti-oil/gas slogans, etc.: Don't be bitter, reconsider! Oil and other carbon-based fuels have historically provided mankind with concentrated energy sources without compare, and enabled the civilization you depend on. For many applications, electricity from non-combustion sources may well have many long-term advantages, but it is churlish and childish to pretend you haven't a massive debt to the hydrocarbon economy.

EVs are worthwhile in their own right, as transportation products. Any effect of their use on energy sourcing and demand, and atmospheric consequences, is comparatively trivial; the US is already a declining % of world use. CH4 will have much more effect in the near to medium term than non-hydrocarbon energy generation.

Acquaint yourself with some of the questions about the anti-CO2 campaign, too. I suggest Dr. Christy's presentation to the Senate Committee, for a reasonably complete current overview:
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/christy-testimony-2012.pdf