Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta in New York City: Oct 29-30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like it may have just been that employee. It does bring up the fact though, that as tesla expands, they will need to hire more, and the people they get will not likely be EV enthusiasts or even very knowledgeable on the intricacies of their own product. That'd be a shame, I always go away feeling "meh" when I'm met with a rep that knows way less than I do about the product they're trying to sell.

I'm really hoping it was just her opinion. To me it just seemed arrogant to have the thinking of, why would we want to allow our competitor's to use our charging station. I mean that to me is not helping the customer's and the people that they want to buy EVs. It also doesn't help the adoption of EVs that Elon would want. I definitely did walk away from that encounter with a "meh" feeling, but after talking with other employees there and talking about other stuff the overall feeling was very positive.

-Shark2k

Cannot go. Halloween Snow!

The jump seats were there and your kids woud have been able to try them out. Too bad you weren't able to go though, it was awesome seeing it in person. Not sure where in NY you are, but do you know how the City is from the snow? Any outages for the MTA or power or anything? I know Jersey has power outages spread throughout. Really too bad this storm decided to come at this time.

-Shark2k

The jump seats were there and your kids woud have been able to try them out. Too bad you weren't able to go though, it was awesome seeing it in person. Not sure where in NY you are, but do you know how the City is from the snow? Any outages for the MTA or power or anything? I know Jersey has power outages spread throughout. Really too bad this storm decided to come at this time.

-Shark2k
Am in Westchester county. Lots of fallen trees and power outages. NYC was spared from heavy snow. Just did not want to drive the 40+ miles given my driveway is frozen and we have no power at home. Thanks for the update. Will try and see Beta on the next tour.

As far as I understood, Tesla will introduce its charging system, which is electrically J1772, as mechanically proprietary. Her comments are probably just reflecting that.

I was referring to the 45-minute quick charge, not sure if that is going to be any different. I figured it was because of the fact that the quick charge for the Leaf is a different connector than the regular.

Am in Westchester county. Lots of fallen trees and power outages. NYC was spared from heavy snow. Just did not want to drive the 40+ miles given my driveway is frozen and we have no power at home. Thanks for the update. Will try and see Beta on the next tour.

Yeah, my brother is up in Carmel, NY and he currently has no power. I understand not wanting to do the drive with those conditions. I'm happy I went but at the same time was not happy about having to drive home in the crappy weather.

-Shark2k

I was referring to the 45-minute quick charge, not sure if that is going to be any different.

It's both in one as the hot pins double function for slow and (DC) fast charging, which allows the size to be so compact... unlike the SAE combo connector/plug which has separate pins, which is one of the reasons for its relatively huge size (and awkward form).