Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model S Beta Count

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Santana Row on Sat. 11/26/2011 because there was a beta there. Brought my wife and reservation confirm hoping to get a chance to sit in the front seats, since our factory experience was in the back seat.

One of the Tesla reps told me it is VIN number 20 - an engineering Beta prototype, and engineering said nobody could sit in it. I guess they just borrowed it for the holiday weekend. He also mentioned it is one of the first Beta's "mostly assembled at the factory". Anyway, I was happy they've already built at least 20 beta vehicles.

If anyone sees a Beta in the wild on tour with a VIN number higher than 20, please post it here. We can start tracking highest Beta VIN like michicanmodels tracks reservations.

Thanks!

PS. I mentioned the threads pointing out the lack of a large center console between the front seats. Rep. said he noticed them online, too, but store visitors who see the "S" never raise the issue. I guess the gawkers aren't as obsessed over every detail like us! :biggrin:

PS. I mentioned the threads pointing out the lack of a large center console between the front seats. Rep. said he noticed them online, too, but store visitors who see the "S" never raise the issue. I guess the gawkers aren't as obsessed over every detail like us! :biggrin:

Or, people who are satisfied with the status quo are less likely to post about it than people who are not happy with it.

I remember at the factory event that the car that was last on the conveyor belt, most closely to being finished (windows in, but no wheels) had a VIN ending in 17. Another guest noticed it because a driver told her two of the betas that were running test rides were 15 and 16.

So we know they have completed at least 3 cars in the last 7 weeks... :p