Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 85D Charging times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to buy a 85 D with miles between 65,000-90,000 miles. If I go to Super Charger with roughly 10-20% charge left on long trip what kind of charge can I get in roughly 20min?
I know these years have been downgraded in Charging peaks. Just can't find any current info.
Thank You.

Looking to buy a 85 D with miles between 65,000-90,000 miles. If I go to Super Charger with roughly 10-20% charge left on long trip what kind of charge can I get in roughly 20min?
I know these years have been downgraded in Charging peaks. Just can't find any current info.
Thank You.
Well here's a couple charges from a couple days ago on my 15 85D at about 20% degradation(reads about 226 miles at 100%):
14%-36% 14 minutes
14%-56% 30 minutes

Reactions: maximizese
Yeah, the older ones are not really good road trip cars. Perfect for around town, local trips though. I drive, at a minimum, 130 miles every single day. I charge at home and work and it works great for me. For those rare occasions I need to go on longer trips I just plan to spend about an hour extra at a supercharger.

Reactions: 4hourrule
Yeah, the older ones are not really good road trip cars. Perfect for around town, local trips though. I drive, at a minimum, 130 miles every single day. I charge at home and work and it works great for me. For those rare occasions I need to go on longer trips I just plan to spend about an hour extra at a supercharger.
Yep, I find it great when i charge at home and my daily mileage is under battery capacity. And yep when I need significant recharge I plan on a good 45 minutes to an hour to get back up to around 80%.

I bought the car in Nashville and drove it back to NY. It was basically drive for 2-3hrs, then charge for 45-60 minutes. Doable but definitely adds considerable time to longer trips.

Well here's a couple charges from a couple days ago on my 15 85D at about 20% degradation(reads about 226 miles at 100%):
14%-36% 14 minutes
14%-56% 30 minutes
Ouch, thanks
Yep, I find it great when i charge at home and my daily mileage is under battery capacity. And yep when I need significant recharge I plan on a good 45 minutes to an hour to get back up to around 80%.

I bought the car in Nashville and drove it back to NY. It was basically drive for 2-3hrs, then charge for 45-60 minutes. Doable but definitely adds considerable time to longer trips.
Wow, that's just crazy. Was that just the 85s that was "throttle" back, or all Batt Packs of the early years?

Ouch, thanks

Wow, that's just crazy. Was that just the 85s that was "throttle" back, or all Batt Packs of the early years?
From what I've heard I'd expect not a lot more than that from any 90's or less. Though I have heard some newer 90s might be slightly better.

As I recall the 100s didn't get throttled. Not sure how much better but the best you're going to get pre 2020? Is with a 100kwh pack.

Reactions: 4hourrule