Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 Month fuel savings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
Thought I'd share some charging savings
MS85 2014
Free SC for life
Based on roughly 50 000 miles per year
Usually charge to 95%
Current odo at 170k miles
2nd (refurb) battery replaced at 7 years and 6 months under warranty, now done about 80k miles since.
Current battery range shows 220miles at 100% charge
£12 super charge fee was fine for overstays (sneaky when they switch to 80% max high usage charger whilst you are away from the car)
1000023913.jpg

Thought I would also throw in some degradation data if anyone interested
110k miles worth !
There's was a battery replacement around the 90k mark
Can't explain the drop and rise toward the 160k mark apart for software version maybe ?
Based on at least 80% supercharging since the start.
1000023917.jpg

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd share some charging savings
MS85 2014
Free SC for life
Based on roughly 50 000 miles per year
Usually charge to 95%
Current odo at 170k miles
2nd (refurb) battery replaced at 7 years and 6 months under warranty, now done about 80k miles since.
Current battery range shows 220miles at 100% charge
£12 super charge fee was fine for overstays (sneaky when they switch to 80% max high usage charger whilst you are away from the car)
View attachment 1011295
wow, you do some serious miles. What do you do that requires so many miles if I may ask?
Impressive figures - you're saving a fortune compared to petrol!

I don’t have free supercharging so completely makes sense

My back-of-fag-packet calc for an MS 85, so it may be way off, based on 50K miles p.a. and 80% charging at Supercharger is an hour sat at Supercharger per 400 miles driven - if charge-out is £20 per hour that adds 5p a mile to costs.

O/P may be juggling stock market investments and earning a fortune whilst sat there :) or even stopping for a meal, but for me I'd charge more at home / less when away. There is also the balance between SR / LR capital cost of course, and likely that even LR would not be enough for a full days driving work ... and a break in driving also important.