Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tire Tread Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Members,

Just noticed tire tread damage in my model 3 which was 2900 miles what I need to do regarding I need to change my tire and does tesla cover the tire warranty

#model3

Attachments

• 97EEC9CC-6BBD-4DF9-B9A3-B9C2F05EDAF7.JPEG
    97EEC9CC-6BBD-4DF9-B9A3-B9C2F05EDAF7.JPEG
    486.9 KB · Views: 106
Nothing to worry about.
You just drove over something hard and sharp, and the tread blocks did their job, deforming around the obstacle.
There is NO visible damage to the tire sidewall or carcass, so there is nothing to repair or warranty.

does tesla cover the tire warranty

There is no warranty from Tesla on the tires (or any of the other disposable materials like wiper blades, etc.), and tire OEMs explicitly disclaim any wear warranties on OEM tires.
Check the tire manufactures web site, if in doubt, like this one:

HTH,
a

Last edited:
Reactions: rpiotro
Nothing to worry about.
You just drove over something hard and sharp, and the tread blocks did their job, deforming around the obstacle.
There is visible damage to the tire sidewall or carcass, so there is nothing to repair or warranty.

There is no warranty from Tesla on the tires (or any of the other disposable materials like wiper blades, etc.), and tire OEMs explicitly disclaim any wear warranties on OEM tires.
Check the tire manufactures web site, if in doubt, like this one:

HTH,
a
thanks for clarification