Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 that think it a amphibious car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turn around, don’t drown is a saying in Texas where I used to live. He had no idea how deep that was, and was lucky it wasn’t flowing.

Story time: Had a poor fellow drown in his car just down the street from me here in Cali during a flash flood when he tried to drive through the water covering a street. Washed his car into a drainage ditch. They didn’t find him until they dug out the ditch days later. Man’s Body Found in Vehicle Discovered Buried in Mud in Palmdale

Turn around, don’t drown is a saying in Texas where I used to live. He had no idea how deep that was, and was lucky it wasn’t flowing.

Story time: Had a poor fellow drown in his car just down the street from me here in Cali during a flash flood when he tried to drive through the water covering a street. Washed his car into a drainage ditch. They didn’t find him until they dug out the ditch days later. Man’s Body Found in Vehicle Discovered Buried in Mud in Palmdale
Damn! I’m working near the AV and flsdhflood are serious there. You would never think it was as I was unfamiliar with the area but man it’s bad!

Last edited:
Well the rear bumper cover didn't fall off like everybody says happens if you even drive through a puddle...

In “everybody’s” defense, the bumper only stayed on because this guy was lucky enough to have his car delivered with his underbody aero shields actually installed!

If this guy had had the aero wheel covers (seems to have 19s), they would have popped off for sure!

In “everybody’s” defense, the bumper only stayed on because this guy was lucky enough to have his car delivered with his underbody aero shields actually installed!

If this guy had had the aero wheel covers (seems to have 19s), they would have popped off for sure!

Sad about the disagrees on my attempts at humor...

There are a few people who inexplicably get cars without the aero shields installed...obviously for most people everything is fine...but it is worth checking - I was missing 3 bolts!

Found out what’s causing undercarriage composite to break apart

Facts matter? ;) Pretty sure the guy above would have lost his bumper cover!

I’ve heard the aero wheel covers will pop off in large puddles, but that may or may not be true...

Last edited: