Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reservations ($1000 down) will be accepted in Tesla stores....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little disappointed that the Scottsdale AZ store won't be taking deposits. I'll be there for a conference and I was really hoping to get in before online orders. I'm not sure i really understand the reasoning for not taking them either. Even if you can't buy a Tesla in AZ this isn't for the purchase of the car anyways. Its just a reservation. And being as I don't even live in AZ I wouldn't be actually trying to buy from them anyways.

Ordering online isn't as fun and having my dad do it for me just isn't exciting either. This is such a bummer.

Yeah, that was me who posted it. On Wednesday, March 9, I spoke a guy named Matt who told me that due to state law they'll not be taking deposits on the 31st.

So myself and a co-worker just talked to different workers in the Scottsdale gallery and they said they are now going to be taking reservations in the store. They claimed it was confirmed and they were going to be having an event all day to take reservations.

So, reservations online will be actually sooner than originally stated.

Tesla also confirmed that the public will be able to place reservations in Tesla’s retail locations starting at 10AM PT – 1PM ET. Online reservations will be available when the livestream of the event will start: 8:30PM PT – 11:30PM ET or 90 minutes after people invited to the event or told to show up.
Model 3 Event: Lottery invites go out to Tesla owners for 7PM Pacific March 31st event in Los Angeles

Yay!
giphy.gif

Tesla also confirmed that the public will be able to place reservations in Tesla’s retail locations starting at 10AM PT – 1PM ET. Online reservations will be available when the livestream of the event will start: 8:30PM PT – 11:30PM ET or 90 minutes after people invited to the event or told to show up.

Is 10AM PST the official start of reservations worldwide?
That means 6PM CET.
And poor Australia won't be able to reserve until 1st of April.

IT'S ALMOST HERE!!:

Model 3 reservations ($1000 down) will be accepted in Tesla stores on March 31 and online April 1

Ktowntslafan on Twitter:

View attachment 110984

Last weekend I took my younger stepdaughter to our local gallery since she always thought I was a geek when it comes to tech. Yeah, I freely admit that I am, but once she got to experience the cars and we had her sit in the driver's seat...well, she fell in love with them (the S). We took several pictures and saw one self-park right next to us. We had lunch and then drove into the next county to visit the other Tesla gallery. The one in our county (4.5 miles from our house) was much bigger and not inside a mall.

Now she shows all of her friends and tells them how she got to sit in the driver's seat of a Model S.

Hey all, new user here, I live in Los Angeles and was planning to be at the Santa Monica store in line on the morning of the 31st...sadly now I must go on a last second business trip. I will be in Milan, Italy - would it at ALL be possible to place an order there, I wonder? Even though my purchase will be back home in CA? Or would I just have to resort to doing it online...anyone else traveling and in the same predicament?

Hey all, new user here, I live in Los Angeles and was planning to be at the Santa Monica store in line on the morning of the 31st...sadly now I must go on a last second business trip. I will be in Milan, Italy - would it at ALL be possible to place an order there, I wonder? Even though my purchase will be back home in CA? Or would I just have to resort to doing it online...anyone else traveling and in the same predicament?

Call tesla, only they will have an answer.

The most recent version I was given is reservations will be traunched by day. This will determine configurator invite priority. Configurator completion, plus delivery region, options, employee/owner/newbie, will all factor into final delivery order.

So being first in line doesn't matter, getting your order in on the first day might.

I'm going to try to get to Toronto - yes they can take reservations outside the US in $ for US cars. Anybody from central NY headed up? My car can't make it that far... :(