Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Replacement Wiper Blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take the reviews with a grain of salt. The company reaches out to people and offer them free blades for positive reviews.

I suppose you have them then and know about them? They have no negative reviews, so its totally fair to offer people for positive reviews - most people like the product but don't have the time. Maybe I'll get some free wiper blades.

At any rate, they are $24.90 which is what you expect to pay for wipers and they are labelled "model 3". The posters on this thread were mixing and matching wipers for other cars w/ adapters. Also the poster I replied to was asking for silicone wipers and saying that that is the best quality. They say "Made of premium silicone and High-quality steel sheet." and the others are not so I'm thinking these guys went out of their way for a good product.

Haven't used them in the rain yet, but so far they work well and are very easy to install. They come with a sponge and some cleaning solution which shows you they are serious about the wipers.

I suppose you have them then and know about them? They have no negative reviews, so its totally fair to offer people for positive reviews - most people like the product but don't have the time. Maybe I'll get some free wiper blades.

At any rate, they are $24.90 which is what you expect to pay for wipers and they are labelled "model 3". The posters on this thread were mixing and matching wipers for other cars w/ adapters. Also the poster I replied to was asking for silicone wipers and saying that that is the best quality. They say "Made of premium silicone and High-quality steel sheet." and the others are not so I'm thinking these guys went out of their way for a good product.

Haven't used them in the rain yet, but so far they work well and are very easy to install. They come with a sponge and some cleaning solution which shows you they are serious about the wipers.
I have not used it, but I know because the company reached out to me. But if they work well then great. Maybe provide an update when you used it in the rain and for a longer period of time.

As for silicone blades, someone swore by piaa blades but then another said they were complete trash. So best to just find what works for you and your local environment.

This is interesting -- rubber inserts only

Refill for Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades - 28" (70cm)
3 sets for 27 UKP shipped to the USA

Check out the video for how to install. Looks easy.

I bought these refills - UK web site. ships from Spain.
Product seems to be good match to oem.
Video is not accurate for Model 3 install. Both end caps need to be removed.
Release both tabs on underside of each end cap with tiny screw driver.
Good DIY project if you have the time.
Also found Bosch Aerotwins for $30 at local parts store.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Just installed Michelin Endurance XT Advanced Silicone blades (26” left, 19” right) and can attest to their ease of installation. In fact, the video cited earlier in this string takes longer to watch than the time it takes to install them! Pricey ($42.54 w/tax at Wally World), but if they do last twice as long as other brands, they will have been a good buy. Nonetheless, superior performance is the ultimate measure of quality and will have to wait to determine that.

To be continued ...

Just installed Michelin Endurance XT Advanced Silicone blades (26” left, 19” right) and can attest to their ease of installation. In fact, the video cited earlier in this string takes longer to watch than the time it takes to install them! Pricey ($42.54 w/tax at Wally World), but if they do last twice as long as other brands, they will have been a good buy. Nonetheless, superior performance is the ultimate measure of quality and will have to wait to determine that.

To be continued ...
Let us know how they work for you?

Maybe provide an update when you used it in the rain and for a longer period of time.

6 months later, still working fine. Never had any problems with them.

They sometimes make a interesting honeycomb pattern with the water droplets in an area, but very easy to see through. There are some other unique effects, but I think its very plausible that they are premium wipers.

I remember installing the wipers, not at all concerned about "things" that have since happened... could never have imagined it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I just got the Rain-X Silicone Endura wipers 26" and 19". Model 3 uses the NARROW PTB fitting, which was one of the included adapters. However, to get them to fit on the Model 3, I had to clip off a bit of side plastic so that the side near the wiper fluid sprayer would fit. This seems similar to the same problem the Bosch Icons had. It wasn't hard to break off the clip and file it down, but wanted to call that out in case some people want to avoid the hassle.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0857KDDDN/
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0856TT9K7

• Helpful
Reactions: SageBrush
Has anyone tried the Bosch Winter Blades on their 3...? In Minnesota here and couldn't install the Michelin Winter Performance blades I bought because the closest adapter piece was too wide to fit back into the wiper arm assembly.... :-(
Debating whether to get the Bosch Winter or Michelin Endurance XT blades. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Went ahead and bought the Bosch Winter blades and had a VERY challenging time getting them back on...... But made a discovery I may have to make a video about later. Sliding them back on is not exactly how it's done.

Also, it seems that all of the manufacturers of wiper blades are really lazy and don't bother to include WHICH adapters are inside the packaging of their blades, making it impossible to know whether they will fit unless someone specifically says that they've put them on the same car you have. I wouldn't buy any Michelins because their packaging is taped closed and the adapters aren't viewable or listed on the packaging - and the ones I got had an adapter which was slightly too wide to fit the 2018 Model 3 I have.
Bosch for the win! And I'll post a link to the video I make later on - as well as updates as to their performance in a Minnesota winter.

Went ahead and bought the Bosch Winter blades and had a VERY challenging time getting them back on...... But made a discovery I may have to make a video about later. Sliding them back on is not exactly how it's done.

Also, it seems that all of the manufacturers of wiper blades are really lazy and don't bother to include WHICH adapters are inside the packaging of their blades, making it impossible to know whether they will fit unless someone specifically says that they've put them on the same car you have. I wouldn't buy any Michelins because their packaging is taped closed and the adapters aren't viewable or listed on the packaging - and the ones I got had an adapter which was slightly too wide to fit the 2018 Model 3 I have.
Bosch for the win! And I'll post a link to the video I make later on - as well as updates as to their performance in a Minnesota winter.
...and FWIW, with respect to (non winter) wiper blade replacements, the Bosch 3397014116 is an EXACT factory replacement, no need for any additional adapters (simple plug and play):

BOSCH 3397014116 Wiper Blade | RockAuto

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Audi VW Wiper Blade Set Bosch - 8V1998002A | FCP Euro

FCP Euro has lifetime free replacement. Buy once, and just keep replacing forever.

Seems expensive considering shipping+tax vs other wipers, but it will breakeven after you replace twice.

Compared to the same wipers elsewhere, probably breakeven rightaway without even doing the replacement. :p
Lifetime replacement wiper blades? Awesome.

I can confirm the Bosch Pure Vision blades fit fine, I put mine on tonight. They come with the correct adapter so there's no cutting/ breaking of any plastic.

Side note, if you do get these Bosch PUVs, use the adapter labeled "6" as that's the correct one... you'll be very tempted to use the adapter "3" since they're almost identical to the OEM part, but adapter "3" is too wide.
I got these and it seemed to fit (wipers haven't flown off on the highway yet!). I did have to place the adapter into the arm first and the snap in the wiper blade.

Not sure if been shared before, but replacement blades are now on Tesla Shop (new in Canada at least):