Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Referral Program!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a loot box and can see the referral link, but nothing happens when I try to click the share button or the information (i). Do I have an internet connectivity issue or is my referral not live until I take delivery?

Your referral code should be live once you have a confirmed reservation I think, certainly was for my Model S. I managed to get 3 referrals before I'd even had my car delivered :D

In my Loot Box when you click the referral link it pops up a list of apps to share your link through, if you click refer contacts then the app needs access to your contacts so you can choose who to email a referral to & when you click the little i in a circle it takes me to a status update of who's ordered, had a delivery etc. I think you need internet connectivity to do these things - data or WiFi.

Reactions: Snow Drift
Morning @brian213 & welcome (I see this is your first post). I assume you've already bought, if not then I'm happy to share my referral code with you via PM if you need one for a purchase. If you've already purchased & you're looking for your referral code to share with friends then I've added a couple of screen shots below for you, hopefully this helps a bit (VINs & referral code removed to avoid breaking forum rules) ...

Log in to your My Tesla account, on the web at www.tesla.com there's a "sign in" option at the top right of the page, & your referral code should be on the first page under your car(s)

upload_2018-11-14_9-51-4.png

In the Tesla app on your phone, the Loot Box is at the top right corner. From memory, I think the app only becomes active once you have actually taken delivery of the car so if you've only just ordered (or have not yet ordered) then you won't have access to this. You can download it & install it but your login won't work until you actually own something Tesla (car or power-wall).
upload_2018-11-14_9-58-22.png

Sort of off topic... I was actually able to claim a Tesla vehicle referral reward last week through my mobile app. But I'm in Virginia... this was previously one of the excluded states. Is this a bug in the app or did they change the law? It still says Virginia is excluded in the FAQ. I wonder if they will actually send it.

@wbhokie that's harsh ... some of the rules in the US are weird o_O

Yeah there are two states which cannot get tesla referral rewards for vehicles. VA is one of them, Ohio the other. I've had to pass on a few now and just searched for random ones from here or friends on facebook instead. :) I'm guessing this was the referral for my wife's car or my own self-referral that slipped through. It will likely get blocked during shipping though.

Morning @brian213 & welcome (I see this is your first post). I assume you've already bought, if not then I'm happy to share my referral code with you via PM if you need one for a purchase. If you've already purchased & you're looking for your referral code to share with friends then I've added a couple of screen shots below for you, hopefully this helps a bit (VINs & referral code removed to avoid breaking forum rules) ...

Log in to your My Tesla account, on the web at www.tesla.com there's a "sign in" option at the top right of the page, & your referral code should be on the first page under your car(s)

View attachment 352502

In the Tesla app on your phone, the Loot Box is at the top right corner. From memory, I think the app only becomes active once you have actually taken delivery of the car so if you've only just ordered (or have not yet ordered) then you won't have access to this. You can download it & install it but your login won't work until you actually own something Tesla (car or power-wall).
View attachment 352503
Thanks Sara. Turns out it was a problem somewhere at Tesla. They fixed it yesterday evening. I sent emails all over and finally got someone who found the issue and got it fixed. The website and my phone show the referral information now.

Separately, I see auto's software release version on the phone; I haven't found a way to see that on the website, are you able to do that?

-Brian

Reactions: CotswoldSara