Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: VIKING26
What's this for? E.T.?

dafok.JPG

One thing I have not observed before... We all know about this "one vent-slit to rule them all" in the TM3, but in this latest pictures I think I see one more slit pointing upwards just in front of the tree-part of the dashboard? This also goes all along the with of the dashboard, but at the end on the right side of the car you can see it has a rounded end so I think this is meant to be, not just bad alignment :p
These are the best pictures of the vent slot so far. There does appear to be (at least) two openings, a thin slot right in front of the wood trim and the main larger slot. I'm also thinking there will need to be a defrost slot aiming at the window. I can't quite tell if the groove in the large black/grey plastic part on top is a slot, or there appears to be something wrapped in fabric right at the window. Perhaps air can be blow through there.
It will be interesting to see how it works and how much control there is over where the air comes out. Also wondering if there is a plan for defrosting the side windows.

When have you ever actually looked for the button to press it? All Model S have grey colored ones and no one has complained over the years. Try it next time you're trying to take it off, I might be in the minority, but I can't remember the last time I've actually physically had to look at the button to take it off....you normally just slide your hand down the belt and naturally easily find the button without having to look at it. Now putting it on may be a different story for some, but you're not in a life or death situation trying to put a seat belt on.

I really like the dark color though...like I said it's something I've always wished car makers would do...
Red release button is European (and Australian I believe) requirement. Look at a Euro or non-US S or X and they are indeed red, so you can't say all have grey ones. I assume they standardized on the red to reduce cost.

Lol - my 12 year old car has is too...not sure why I didn't think of that. I suppose for me I don't care if the charge door is powered, as long as it opens when I press the button on the charger (as opposed to having a button in the cabin somewhere).
Opening via button seems absolutely obvious (just release the latch). What I'm more interested in is if it can close by itself. This also seems necessary for fully autonomous charging. And I'd leave it open sooooo often if it doesn't have it, having been trained by my wife's X. One of my biggest complaints about my Leaf vs. the X is manually opening and closing the charge port door (and the interior cover), instead of opening when you push a button on the charging cord, and automatically closing when you unplug and walk away.

I am bewildered. It seems nobody has commented that the Model 3 has storage pockets on each front door. Does nobody in this thread have a Model S? Has nobody been irritated by that lack in the years of loving the S? X, too, but this has been an S issue for five years!
I believe someone did mention the 3 door pockets upthread.

I have owned an S for over 3 years. Never bothered by the lack of door pockets.

Why would it be any different than the AP stalk in the S/X? In click for CC/TACC another click for Autosteer.
Right, but how to set the TACC following interval? The stalk doesn't look like it can rotate. There is some new way to set the TACC interval that we don't know about yet.