Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Powered Trunk/Powered Frunk Install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I have installed both the powered trunk and frunk kits on our Model 3 and would be willing to do the install for you. I'll reach out to each of you individually.
Cheers,
Chad

Do you know which is the best brand or kit if you wanted to both open and close the trunk and frunk remotely? I'm currently looking online hoping to avoid an expensive mistake.

Can anyone recommend a shop to install the powered frunk and trunk? I've had the kits just sitting here for a month now.
You might try Windward Audio on Kahuhipa Street in Kanohe. I stopped by his shop about 18 months ago and discussed that there were Tesla owners seeking a shop where they can go for custom work they are unable to do. The owner, Tim, said he was interested in doing work.

I had mine installed by Mobile Car Audio located on Kamehameha across from the Pearlridge Mall. I dropped my car off I want to say around 10:30am and got it back by 4:30pm. That was for both the frunk and trunk. Everything works well. I have scheduled an appointment with Tesla to install the Homelink module so I can close the frunk while in the car by creating a shortcut to it. It's the work around if you wan to use the screen to close it versus your phone or going to the frunk physically. There is a way I think they could've done it to trick the computer, but we didn't go that route.

Just wanted to post an update. Two things: The motor for the automated frunk opening and closing died. I contacted TeslaOffer where I bought it from and they said they would send me a new one free of charge. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. :D Secondly, since I had their 3.0 kit for the frunk apparently I didn't need the Homelink module and close the frunk VIA the touchscreen. You think I would've tested that. :rolleyes: Well the motor is dead so I can't now. I can still use Homelink for its normal purpose of course.

• Helpful
Reactions: nanimac