Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I edited my post as you were replying. Haha. I’m gonna go with a 70 (meaning transmits 70% visible light). But heat rejection is like 50-60% if I remember the specs. I do the same film all the way around.
Just looked up the specs of what I’m doing…
Xpel XR Plus 70. Transmits 67% of visible light, and transmits 35% solar energy (heat). So it rejects 65% heat.

Reactions: jiren and Danny6ix
For tint, I'm getting:
STEK's NEX IR film which carries a lifetime warranty and will provide 99.9% UV rejection and 95% IR rejection.
I get all glass, except the windshield tinted. On the windshield, I do a strip across the top (actually two strips; one on each side of the forward cameras)

The "cracked glass" stuff stems from the tint causing localized heat buildup. Metallic films could.

I've been trying to call Tesla for the last three days to inquire about delivery, but no one has answered. So, I sent a text via the app to ask about scheduling, and now my delivery is set for May 22, 2024. They mentioned that May 20 and 21 are fully booked.

Message them via the app if you have a EDD inside of May and they will schedule you asap. The app is running behind vs manually requesting.

Who's tinting the glass top? I heard it causes the glass to crack but not sure if that's true or not.
I have had all the glass on my model 3 tinted (including the glass roof and rear glass) since 1 week after I picked my car up in December of 2018, and I live in southern california (inland, where its hot).

If there was some preponderance of proof that this is a thing I guarantee you 100000% It would be all over this website for the past 5 years. All you will find is a few people saying "I heard" or maybe a couple saying "my roof cracked could it be??"

Reactions: P-Lo801
I've been trying to call Tesla for the last three days to inquire about delivery, but no one has answered. So, I sent a text via the app to ask about scheduling, and now my delivery is set for May 22, 2024. They mentioned that May 20 and 21 are fully booked.

Message them via the app if you have a EDD inside of May and they will schedule you asap. The app is running behind vs manually requesting.
must be by location when i called they told me the delivery center will reach out soon. i wasn’t given the option for a manual scheduling for delivery.

I have had all the glass on my model 3 tinted (including the glass roof and rear glass) since 1 week after I picked my car up in December of 2018, and I live in southern california (inland, where its hot).

If there was some preponderance of proof that this is a thing I guarantee you 100000% It would be all over this website for the past 5 years. All you will find is a few people saying "I heard" or maybe a couple saying "my roof cracked could it be??"
Also, some glass on Teslas does crack because of bad install or defective glass. Tesla attempts to avoid coverage but usually covers it. They can give a hard time if it is tinted in that case. I haven't heard of the issue since the earlier model 3s.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I edited my post as you were replying. Haha. I’m gonna go with a 70 (meaning transmits 70% visible light). But heat rejection is like 50-60% if I remember the specs. I do the same film all the way around.
Xpel XR plus is roughly the same heat rejection
spec sheet attached if you want to look

I aim on getting the roof tinted myself I have a friend who's 6,6 thinking the tint should help his head LOL

As well I see others mentioning having regrets not doing it, but two sides of a coin

Reactions: GuyFromAz
For tint, I'm getting:
STEK's NEX IR film which carries a lifetime warranty and will provide 99.9% UV rejection and 95% IR rejection.
I get all glass, except the windshield tinted. On the windshield, I do a strip across the top (actually two strips; one on each side of the forward cameras)

The "cracked glass" stuff stems from the tint causing localized heat buildup. Metallic films could.
That’s what I’ve got all around mine. 70% up front, 50% around the rear. Love it.

Edit: and on top, same film for the back windows is on the top, obviously. It’s one very large piece of film.

Reactions: Jangy

Sounds like May 20 might be the first day of US deliveries for the M3P?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and jiren