Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance: how to do a burnout?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone should tell the many of us, with published videos of this working, that it doesn’t work. 🥴
If I'm wrong I apologize. My data comes from dealing with cars that have broken the ABS wire while on track, and they all get way slower, and do not suddenly turn into RWD burnout machines. So I'm intrigued why it's different in this case.

Would like to see a few of those videos!

Reactions: Lindenwood
Upvote 0
I don't believe you can do it and for a good reason, considering that without gears and with lost traction and instant torque you would spin them to the top speed almost immediately.
I believe this advice from @Mash is very important. With an EV you don't have the safety of a low ICE redline / rev limiter to keep you from spinning the wheels to rather insane speeds. @Tishiep If you find a way to entirely defeat traction control in this car, be very careful not to let your tires catch traction again while spinning at 120 mph or whatever. That could be very bad for your drivetrain...

I've no personal experience with burnouts, and clearly Tesla drivetrains are pretty tough, they seem to hold up to drag racing very well, but I would still worry about driveline shock from the extreme RPMs that are possible. I'm not saying you shouldn't try, if you really want to try, just be careful and be accepting of what might happen. :)

Upvote 0