Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance (Highland) - Now available in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Model 3 Performance, despite the rumours about it being called Ludicrous or whatever, is apparently now available to order in Canada for $69,990:

I have a 2021 M3P. Probably will be looking to upgrade since the Highland has a quieter cabin and the rear screen, and the price is completely reasonable. It's $6000 less than the M3P I bought in 2021 and that was even before the crazy price increases of 2022. The new sport seats do also include the ventilation so that is nice.

Probably will wait a bit longer. I have no issues with my current one (except the stupid wipers which drive me insane). Thoughts on the new one? I kind of need to see one in person I think. It's marginally faster they say, but seriously the M3P is so disgustingly fast already I don't think the tiny increase in 0-60 is really a big deal.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Does anyone know why the Canadian version gets a smaller/less powerful battery pack?:

"The new model features 510 horsepower in its U.S. variant, achieving a 0-60 mph acceleration in just 2.9 seconds.
But in Canada and non-U.S. markets, the Model 3 Performance does 0-100 kph in 3.1 seconds with 460 horsepower, as the latter apparently has a slightly smaller LG battery pack at 79 kWh (versus an 82 kWh Panasonic pack in the U.S.)."

Reactions: KevinT3141
Does anyone know why the Canadian version gets a smaller/less powerful battery pack?:

"The new model features 510 horsepower in its U.S. variant, achieving a 0-60 mph acceleration in just 2.9 seconds.
But in Canada and non-U.S. markets, the Model 3 Performance does 0-100 kph in 3.1 seconds with 460 horsepower, as the latter apparently has a slightly smaller LG battery pack at 79 kWh (versus an 82 kWh Panasonic pack in the U.S.)."
Made in China vs made in USA

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine