Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy and a little freaked I didn't expect a Vin and 5-day EDD window so quick. Wonder if it was rejected.

M3LR Gray/Black 19" No FSD
Denver Metro area
OD 4/22
EDD 7/31 - 9/11 4/22 to 5/20

VIN 248XXX received 5/21/22 7am
EDD 5/21 - 5/25
Gotta be a cancelation or rejected vehicle with your 4/22 order date. Hopefully just a cancelation. But who knows...someone may have rejected based on reflector vs matrix headlights or some other reason. It's a more recent build with 248xxx VIN. Good luck to you! I'm jealous!

Crazy and a little freaked I didn't expect a Vin and 5-day EDD window so quick. Wonder if it was rejected.

M3LR Gray/Black 19" No FSD
Denver Metro area
OD 4/22
EDD 7/31 - 9/11 4/22 to 5/20

VIN 248XXX received 5/21/22 7am
EDD 5/21 - 5/25
Chances are very high that it was a cancellation or rejection. problem is, it could have been for so many different reasons. Just make sure to really look over the car before accepting it.

Graduation day! No issues (that we noticed, it had just gotten a wash and it’s a rainy day). Matrix lights. SA was amazing, let us check the car before taking delivery and walked through everything. Great experience.
9550CAEA-8CD0-4EA4-8E22-D9FAF69232B9.jpeg

For those who have already scheduled or taken delivery, how did the payment process work? I'd prefer not to have to submit payment via the app prior to inspecting the car, but I can't find any other method on the desktop site either.

Is there no way to show up with a cashiers check or something on day of delivery?

Reactions: Tizzy
For those who have already scheduled or taken delivery, how did the payment process work? I'd prefer not to have to submit payment via the app prior to inspecting the car, but I can't find any other method on the desktop site either.

Is there no way to show up with a cashiers check or something on day of delivery?
Yeah you can show up with a check. I’m bringing a certified check for the down payment and a check from DCU for the rest of the payment. I myself didn’t want to send my down payment via ACH before seeing the car because if for some reason someone rejects the car and wants their down payment back, the refund can take a month. Bringing a check just seems like the easier option in case you decide to decline the car.

Okay cool! Am I missing it somewhere on the site, or will I just have to work directly with my SA to get that setup?
I would just talk to your SA. I got this info from one of the service advisors specifically at the Mt Kisco location when I was setting up my delivery date because I had the same questions lol. The certified check should be made out to Tesla INC.