Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. Seeing how many RWD orders from 2021 still have yet to be delivered, I couldn’t trust an October - December EDD. Still have it after switching yesterday to the LR so I don’t know when to expect a new one. I have a car I’m trading in for the M3LR and the longer I drive it the lower the value, so waiting longer would almost make no difference towards financing.
At the end of last quarter, Tesla sold every single demo model to juice their numbers, you could always pick one up instead of waiting for the end of the year.

Yes the Hankook Kinergy GTs don’t seem to be the best around. Maybe a batch happened to fall off the back of a Mavis truck as it was passing the Fremont factory :)

The Michelin MXM on DiscountTire.com have been either out of stock or very expensive so maybe it's a supply or cost-saving move.

What's weird is that on that site there isn't a compatible 18" tire that is the right load ratig.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
I looked at the exterior and as much of the interior as I could through the windows. They didn't offer to unlock it and I didn't ask. In truth, I had to bring up the idea of an inspection. They just wanted to complete the paperwork and get me out the door. It was pretty standard DC-hectic (bleh). I found a couple exterior issues that I was going to have fixed until I realized that their service people area already swamped. To me, that meant a rushed repair, and I didn't want to lose my only transportation in exchange for Uber credits while making that repair.

Your experience at delivery will depend on the people that work at your delivery location, the setting, and how busy everyone is. I got DC-hectic people in a crowded setting on a busy day. I hope you get a laid-back experience in an open environment with friendly people. Your interactions to date suggest that you should have a great delivery experience - which reflects what I know of western states in general.

Since taking delivery I haven't found any further issues with the car. Everything works - once I figure out how it works. I only realized today that double-pressing the park button will unlock all the doors to let people in.
Maybe it’s different up here, but I didn’t accept any delivery on the app but when my appointment time arrived, it was already connected to my phone and I was able to unlock the car and go inside before even signing any paperwork. Odd cuz I still had to pair my phone afterwards when I eventually paid and signed for it.

Reactions: Teleezen
I haven’t heard anything about any Shanghai built model 3s not coming with the matrix lights. But on the other hand it definitely seems like the vast majority of posters here are in the US and Canada so it might be possible. Overall it seems like Fremont was not getting enough matrix lights to keep up with production so started to install the reflector lights in some cars for a couple weeks until the supply issue was resolved.

who knows what will happen in the future. Maybe some more recent VINs are still coming with reflector lights but e just not being delivered to people that post here or going to people that don’t notice or care.
Ok, I didn't understand that this seems to be a North American problem (until now). Since this is the only Tesla forum I read, I had no idea that things seem to be going well in Shanghai (aside from lockdowns).

I think it’s a fair question tbh and I didn’t see it answered before as all the discussed VIN series were from Fremont. Try to ask your SA.
I thought it was a far question too :D
And yes, I'll ask SA, but I've a feeling he doesn't even know what I'm talking about.
I originally joined this forum to find out if the Long Range included floor mats, since SA couldn't answer that question.

Tesla's order page for the M3LR here in Canada still says the max range is 576km with 18 inch aero wheels. Is that a different battery chemistry that's available for the M3LR's there or a different way to estimate the max range?
I'm pretty sure it's about how to estimate maximum range. The cars have pretty much the same characteristics.

Model 3 Long Range/black paint/black interior/aero wheels/no FSD
Order Location: Southeastern United States
VIN Status: not assigned
Order Date: February 26, 2022
EDD 1: May (original EDD on order date)
EDD 2: March 18 - March 31 (updated on February 28)
EDD 3: May 19 - June 16 (updated on March 8)
EDD 4: March 29 - March 31 (updated March 13)
EDD 5: May 11 to June 15 (updated March 18)
EDD 6: April 28 - May 12 (updated April 10)
EDD 7: May 20 - June 17 (updated April 15)
EDD 8: June 1 to July 6 (updated April 20)
EDD 9: May 18 to June 1 (updated April 26)
EDD 10: May 26 to June 9 (updated May 7)
EDD 11: May 30 to June 3 (Updated May 14)

VIN Status: not assigned
Fingers crossed, maybe I will get a VIN soon.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I will do the same for the forum here when we take delivery in the morning! Damn, I do love that blue color though! Not my wife's fav so we went with MSM on ours. I love that too but I REALLY love the blue!
My pleasure. I decided on blue because I've owned red, black, green and silver cars. And Tesla picked a great shade of blue. I look forward to hearing about your awesome delivery experience.
Maybe it’s different up here, but I didn’t accept any delivery on the app but when my appointment time arrived, it was already connected to my phone and I was able to unlock the car and go inside before even signing any paperwork. Odd cuz I still had to pair my phone afterwards when I eventually paid and signed for it.
I think every delivery location will produce a unique delivery experience based on what's legally and technically possible, combined with the abilities and initiative of the local Tesla crew. Just as with a legacy dealership.

Question? We pick ours up first thing in the morning tomorrow!

For those that are still on and took delivery. How long did you look over your car? Were you allowed to look inside before delivery? Any issues after going over it?

I have the TesBros one and have watched a gazillion vids on delivery things to look for. We will be taking pics/vids just in case something crops up on it but we do plan on looking the car over a bunch. Even when we accept delivery we will still stay at the service center til I am satisfied things are good to go (within reason) just so there is NO question if something were to come up that could have happened driving home.

We are going to go the PPF TINT route as we do that with all our cars and already have it scheduled.

I will say this. I have had nothing but great communication from TESLA...Texts, app, and phone calls. Both the national Tesla person we spoke with from Arizona answered our questions and then the local Tesla service advisor reached out again a couple hours ago.
Hope your pickup goes really well !

Just looked at the app again, VIN assigned!

VIN Status: assigned
May 14: VIN assigned

I found my car in the off site lot in S Florida. I can’t wait ! Currently waiting on the charge port with EDD now 5/29 or so per my SA. Has the new headlights, new chip and Michelin tires. There were over 200 teslas here and I would assume all waiting on charge ports to arrive and be switched out. VIN 235
OD 2/17
M3LR white, black 18”aero. No fsd
Where's the off site lot, can you just get in? I asked the SA and was told I couldn't go looking for my car. My build is exactly like yours OD 1/4, VIN 2411xx and it's also waiting for the charge port.