Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My insurance for my wife's 2018 Ford Escape was $58/ month. With the same deductible and coverages, the Tesla is $248/ month. I have a clean driving record for the most part. Not sure how much I was paying for the Ford truck. AllState agent referenced the cost to repair these vehicles if in an accident as the biggest reason for the high rate. I didn't want to delay delivery so I just added it to our existing policy but I'll definitely be shopping this week.

Not sure but you can’t really see that unless it’s dark and headlights are shining against a wall. You need to accept delivery before you can open the doors so you can’t use the light show as a check anyways.
My SA said I can get in and look and play around with the screen and shifter to make sure everything is to my liking before I accept. If I’m being honest, I wouldn’t accept without being able to get in anyway. I’ve read horror stories about the screen having hairline cracks, stitching crooked on seats and headrests or dirty seats, glovebox broken or screen not responding.

Reactions: Hiline
Again, i know its supply and demand, but it’s not fair to those who made the decision to get the car based on those “unmentioned” updates. Is it gonna sway people to reject? I dont know…but its kinda like the mobile charger….imagine if you ordered one in February and you didnt get one despite when you bought it…it was adverised as included…we need to make some noise like we did for the chargers and see what their response will be. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Note that after the hue and cry about dropping the mobile connector, they still dropped the mobile connector. And that was for an integral feature that was removed after being advertised to be part of the car. I think it will be difficult to get people particularly incensed about a change in feature level for stuff that isn't even advertised. Everything is still going to work on the car, but some features won't be as fancy as they might. How many people have even heard of matrix headlamps and what they can do? How many care enough that they will actually refuse the car?

In the end, I think people will be disappointed, but will accept the cars. Forever after, there will be a bad taste in their mouth about Tesla (to one degree or another) that may or may not affect their decision to buy a Tesla in the future. I think that future purchase may be the greatest threat to Tesla. Compromising the good will of your buyers is never a bright move.

That is such BS from Tesla ! it really should be first come first served but they do it randomly . I also have OD of 2/12 and see others with later OD getting their car. Happy for all of you but ….you know.
Not randomly, but based on the profit that Tesla will make. If you offer Tesla $1.00 to build a car for you and somebody else offers them $1.15 to build a car for them, Tesla is going to build the car for the $1.15 guy first. Tesla puts an electric vehicle on the road either way, but by building the $1.15 car first, they make more money, allowing them to build more factories, do more research, and so on.

Reactions: Junior86
Not randomly, but based on the profit that Tesla will make. If you offer Tesla $1.00 to build a car for you and somebody else offers them $1.15 to build a car for them, Tesla is going to build the car for the $1.15 guy first. Tesla puts an electric vehicle on the road either way, but by building the $1.15 car first, they make more money, allowing them to build more factories, do more research, and so on.
I understand that but I was talking about the same configuration car so it is most likely the same $ amount.

Right. It’s not random in most cases (though others in this and neighboring states with exact same build did get theirs before me). I know it’s calculated. It costs Tesla more to deliver here, since I’m far from Fremont. I knew that going in, but it still sucks and made me feel better to vent to like minded folks on the forum. 😂

Anyway, right after venting and right after feeling OK waiting longer in hopes of features getting added back (ie matrix headlights), of course…I received my VIN this morning (242xxx). So moral of the story: when you start to realize you might be better off waiting longer (maybe, but who knows what else might be missing next)…that’s when you finally get your VIN.😝 New EDD 5/17-5/21.