Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone with Electric Auto? I keep coming back to them as they seem to have the most competitive price quoted on leasing.com. Having read through some of their FAQ/About us material I was surprised to see they offered AA breakdown cover free of charge. What I've read I've been happy with, but they seem pretty insistent it is serviced appropriately. Following my research I think I saw the m3 only needed a full service at year 4. For which I was aiming for a 48 month lease anyway. Am I right in saying I shouldn't need to pay for a service in a 48 month period? I'll have the mot at 36 months but other than that wouldn't be liable for any services in a 48 months term right? Just the one mot? I've read I need to ensure the brake fluid is drained/refilled at year 2 and the air con filters changed yearly other than that I believe its all for year 4.

It was a good deal, this will be my 3rd NHS lease car, but my first electric one! i've been looking for accessories but holding off, definitely thinking of getting a shell for the center console in a matt or alcantara finish, if mine is an August delivery it'll probably have the USB-C and wireless charging pad so that's one off my list, just need to figure out which method is better for sentry mode - leaning towards micro sd with usb reader instead of memory stick/ssd
Has this been confirmed that all M3’s will come with the wireless charging pad?

Is anyone with Electric Auto? I keep coming back to them as they seem to have the most competitive price quoted on leasing.com. Having read through some of their FAQ/About us material I was surprised to see they offered AA breakdown cover free of charge. What I've read I've been happy with, but they seem pretty insistent it is serviced appropriately. Following my research I think I saw the m3 only needed a full service at year 4. For which I was aiming for a 48 month lease anyway. Am I right in saying I shouldn't need to pay for a service in a 48 month period? I'll have the mot at 36 months but other than that wouldn't be liable for any services in a 48 months term right? Just the one mot? I've read I need to ensure the brake fluid is drained/refilled at year 2 and the air con filters changed yearly other than that I believe its all for year 4.

That’s interesting unless their rates have changed it’s cheaper to go to Tesla direct for a PCH or alternatively Nationwidevehiclecontracts seem to have the best deals on the market at the moment. - they’re a beast but about £15 a month cheaper on the LR than anywhere else.

That’s interesting unless their rates have changed it’s cheaper to go to Tesla direct for a PCH or alternatively Nationwidevehiclecontracts seem to have the best deals on the market at the moment. - they’re a beast but about £15 a month cheaper on the LR than anywhere else.

The most competitive I can find is £470pm with £4.2k down, £150 processing fee on 10k miles. Works out at roughly £26.5k across a 48 month term. Originally I was looking at the SR+ but these figures just seem to convince me to upgrade to the long range :D. excess mileage is 19p including vat.

I checked out that Nationwidevehiclecontracts, I do like the optional dents/alloy insurance - not sure if anyone uses this but for £400 that is pure peace of mind! The same terms as the above £478pm with £4.4k with £199 processing fee but the difference is about £500 more expensive plus excess milage charge of 25p. Not sure if they price match or if I can pick up those insurances separately. Has a good fashion telephone haggling made any difference?

Tesla direct works out much more expensive at £500pm on £4.3k deposit. I have found that they are more competitive on the SR+.

Am i right in saying in a 48 month term, i should I only need 1 MOT and 1 service at year 3 - Do the leasing company complete it at year 4? If so the maintenance packages at £50/60pm seem pointless for a Tesla and more geared towards an ICE car. Though the costings would make more sense if I am mistaken on the mot/service point. I'm struggling to find out what we is required from an mot and service from a lease stand point. The leasing company literature is just generic and states it should be serviced regularly.

Reactions: Neilio
The most competitive I can find is £470pm with £4.2k down, £150 processing fee on 10k miles. Works out at roughly £26.5k across a 48 month term. Originally I was looking at the SR+ but these figures just seem to convince me to upgrade to the long range :D. excess mileage is 19p including vat.

I checked out that Nationwidevehiclecontracts, I do like the optional dents/alloy insurance - not sure if anyone uses this but for £400 that is pure peace of mind! The same terms as the above £478pm with £4.4k with £199 processing fee but the difference is about £500 more expensive plus excess milage charge of 25p. Not sure if they price match or if I can pick up those insurances separately. Has a good fashion telephone haggling made any difference?

Tesla direct works out much more expensive at £500pm on £4.3k deposit. I have found that they are more competitive on the SR+.

Am i right in saying in a 48 month term, i should I only need 1 MOT and 1 service at year 3 - Do the leasing company complete it at year 4? If so the maintenance packages at £50/60pm seem pointless for a Tesla and more geared towards an ICE car. Though the costings would make more sense if I am mistaken on the mot/service point. I'm struggling to find out what we is required from an mot and service from a lease stand point. The leasing company literature is just generic and states it should be serviced regularly.

Interesting just looked at them. They’re cheaper through leasing.com, than direct which is interesting.

I’ve requested a quote so will see what comes out if it. I dropped them a call, but had no luck a little while ago.

I'm struggling to find out what we is required from an mot and service from a lease stand point. The leasing company literature is just generic and states it should be serviced regularly.

I imagine you are responsible for the MOT as you'd expect, and the servicing requirement is to follow the manufacturers guidance as per the car manual.

On the S/X Tesla used to require an annual or 12.5k mile service and the cost was high considering the little that was done. A couple of years ago they removed that requirement and the manual is much less specific. When I thought I ought to have one I scheduled a service and when Tesla replied saying not required I kept a screenshot of the text.

Yes, it's legal & manufacturer requirements that you need to meet. They can't force you to do more servicing.

So MOT at 3 years and then whatever Tesla says you need to do.

The awkward thing is right at the end re: MOT - with the lease on my previous car I had to give it back 2 days before the end of the lease term because they said they needed at least 2 days notice to get the MOT sorted otherwise I would have to pay for it...which obviously I wasn't going to do. So I "lost" the last 2 days of my lease by handing the car back slightly early...no big deal in the grand scheme of things. They should give you enough notice on this anyway.

In my view leasing beyond the warranty term/warranty mileage is a bigger issue to worry about - as soon as you start leasing beyond that you're then having to pay for any issues that arise. This is fine if you have equity/own the car but if you're just going to hand the car back, as you do on a lease, you're having to pay extra money to use the car over and above your contractual payments if something goes wrong with no real long term benefit to you.

In my view leasing beyond the warranty term/warranty mileage is a bigger issue to worry about
A good point and applies equally on PCP where the intention is too hand the car back. It can be a balancing act sometimes.

@bha One aspect on leasing I'm still not 100% on is the early termination position. Some say it's 100% of the remaining rental (which seems hugely penal), others that it's 50%, and other still who say it can also be influenced by the value of the car at termination point. In your experience what would you say?

I'm trying to get the answer from Tesla in respect of their new PCH contract, but it's so new I don't think they've drawn the paperwork up yet!

A good point and applies equally on PCP where the intention is too hand the car back. It can be a balancing act sometimes.

@bha One aspect on leasing I'm still not 100% on is the early termination position. Some say it's 100% of the remaining rental (which seems hugely penal), others that it's 50%, and other still who say it can also be influenced by the value of the car at termination point. In your experience what would you say?

I'm trying to get the answer from Tesla in respect of their new PCH contract, but it's so new I don't think they've drawn the paperwork up yet!
I would assume it's 100% of the remaining payments and feel very very lucky if it's anything less.

On my personal lease for my A3 I'm virtually certain it was 100%. On my Model 3, which is a company car on salary sacrifice through Zenith, there's a wildly complicated formula which takes into account mileage to date vs. contracted mileage. But at the end of the day it's meant to be penal - they want to discourage you from exiting early unless it's really worth their while.

50% sounds highly unlikely - that would almost certainly mean they're making a loss as they calculate all the economics at the start and want you to stick with it for 3 or 4 years. Also find it highly unlikely they'll calculate based on current value - would just become a nightmare to work out for each car and ends up exposing them to risk.

I would assume it's 100% of the remaining payments and feel very very lucky if it's anything less.

On my personal lease for my A3 I'm virtually certain it was 100%. On my Model 3, which is a company car on salary sacrifice through Zenith, there's a wildly complicated formula which takes into account mileage to date vs. contracted mileage. But at the end of the day it's meant to be penal - they want to discourage you from exiting early unless it's really worth their while.

50% sounds highly unlikely - that would almost certainly mean they're making a loss as they calculate all the economics at the start and want you to stick with it for 3 or 4 years. Also find it highly unlikely they'll calculate based on current value - would just become a nightmare to work out for each car and ends up exposing them to risk.

I was doing some bed time reading on electric auto and they have this detailed in their FAQS:

"If you decide to end the lease early, you may need to pay us 40% of the remaining monthly finance rentals. If you want to change the length of your hire or the agreed mileage, please contact us to discuss your options."

I think whoever the leasing company is the ball is always in their court. I suppose its always good to get the clarity direct before hand.

Yes, it's legal & manufacturer requirements that you need to meet. They can't force you to do more servicing.

So MOT at 3 years and then whatever Tesla says you need to do.

The awkward thing is right at the end re: MOT - with the lease on my previous car I had to give it back 2 days before the end of the lease term because they said they needed at least 2 days notice to get the MOT sorted otherwise I would have to pay for it...which obviously I wasn't going to do. So I "lost" the last 2 days of my lease by handing the car back slightly early...no big deal in the grand scheme of things. They should give you enough notice on this anyway.

In my view leasing beyond the warranty term/warranty mileage is a bigger issue to worry about - as soon as you start leasing beyond that you're then having to pay for any issues that arise. This is fine if you have equity/own the car but if you're just going to hand the car back, as you do on a lease, you're having to pay extra money to use the car over and above your contractual payments if something goes wrong with no real long term benefit to you.

Thats for answering this, much appreciated. I was planning to do 48 month term to tie in with the warranty. I see the regular checks that tesla recommend but surely i could take it to a reputable tyre place to rotate the tyres right. Hopefully with the current guidance I wont have to pay for a service and it'll just be the mot. Assume tesla have to do the mot?

Even though it was 2 days before the 4 year point, when you work that outpro-rata its probably the price of an mot - just didnt have to foot any repair costs etc so probably was net gain for you

I was doing some bed time reading on electric auto and they have this detailed in their FAQS:

"If you decide to end the lease early, you may need to pay us 40% of the remaining monthly finance rentals. If you want to change the length of your hire or the agreed mileage, please contact us to discuss your options."

I think whoever the leasing company is the ball is always in their court. I suppose its always good to get the clarity direct before hand.

Thats for answering this, much appreciated. I was planning to do 48 month term to tie in with the warranty. I see the regular checks that tesla recommend but surely i could take it to a reputable tyre place to rotate the tyres right. Hopefully with the current guidance I wont have to pay for a service and it'll just be the mot. Assume tesla have to do the mot?

Even though it was 2 days before the 4 year point, when you work that outpro-rata its probably the price of an mot - just didnt have to foot any repair costs etc so probably was net gain for you
Very surprised on the 40% line but fair enough if it's true!

I don't think rotating tyres could be enforced - pretty sure there's no way they could evidence that you have or haven't. In any case as you say it's "recommended" not required.

And MOT can be done by anyone - not sure Tesla does that anyway(?).

Yes the original quote is from leasing.com but thought it was pretty competitive

they’re competitive aslong as it’s the base car. Add some extras and the leasing.com cost falls away.

They came back to me earlier (weird considering it’s Sunday) and to add the paint and white interior it’s almost double the cost of the items. I’ve asked for them to confirm but suspect that’ll be tomorrow.

Very surprised on the 40% line but fair enough if it's true!

I don't think rotating tyres could be enforced - pretty sure there's no way they could evidence that you have or haven't. In any case as you say it's "recommended" not required.

And MOT can be done by anyone - not sure Tesla does that anyway(?).

Thanks again. Why do third party leasing companies charge so much for maintenance if there is hardly any maintenance. Crazy .

If I get get away with one MOT with other matters dealt with by the warranty. There really is very little maintenance cost isnt there.