Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Lease RWD - Money Factor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a reservation for a M3H (OD: 1/25/24 - no upgrades), but haven't completed the leasing paperwork yet. I was going to do it today, but was taken aback by the actual estimated monthly, including fees and the MF (Money Factor).

I ran a bunch of scenarios and none of them looked good compared to the original $320/mo "estimate" when I ordered (which of course I since discovered was w/o T&F and the base lease price has increased since then according to what I found). Here's some from a SS I did earlier today:

Lease-Calcs-M3H.png

Legend: app = Tesla's lease part of the Tesla App; MF = Money Factor; MST = Monthly Sales Tax; DAS = Due at Signing; TLC = Total Lease Cost; TLC7.5k = Total Lease Cost after incentive discount.

I did some research and the "average" MF is around 0.003 or less, so I don't feel too good with 0.0046, especially with 750+ credit. Does everyone get the same MF or could this factor change after running my credit? Of course, I'm looking to lease to get the $7.5k tax credit, but I'm not impressed with these numbers. Also, a 2-year lease seems to be a real beat-down.

Thanks,

I have a reservation for a M3H (OD: 1/25/24 - no upgrades), but haven't completed the leasing paperwork yet. I was going to do it today, but was taken aback by the actual estimated monthly, including fees and the MF (Money Factor).

I ran a bunch of scenarios and none of them looked good compared to the original $320/mo "estimate" when I ordered (which of course I since discovered was w/o T&F and the base lease price has increased since then according to what I found). Here's some from a SS I did earlier today:

View attachment 1016088
Legend: app = Tesla's lease part of the Tesla App; MF = Money Factor; MST = Monthly Sales Tax; DAS = Due at Signing; TLC = Total Lease Cost; TLC7.5k = Total Lease Cost after incentive discount.

I did some research and the "average" MF is around 0.003 or less, so I don't feel too good with 0.0046, especially with 750+ credit. Does everyone get the same MF or could this factor change after running my credit? Of course, I'm looking to lease to get the $7.5k tax credit, but I'm not impressed with these numbers. Also, a 2-year lease seems to be a real beat-down.

Thanks,
Tesla has the worst MF in the industry. From as far as I know you can’t negotiate the MF like you can with dealerships for other manufacturers. It’s either take it or leave it with Tesla when it comes to the terms of the lease.

Reactions: Falcon73