Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received mine (Home delivery),
M3, Long range, Grey/black
Order date 2/27-received 4/11 (PA)
Came in an ENCLOSED trailer with a very professional driver! 5 stars!
I’m not home, so this is just a security came pic.

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpeg
    IMG_2042.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 17
Sure, I get that. Like I said a few times, I am not arguing against that people should not feel frustrated or upset. I find it baffling that Tesla has not minimally reached out to white interior order holders and said "Look, we have an issue getting white out the door. If you want to stick with white great, but we have no ETA. If you want to switch to black, we can get you in a car sooner. Sorry for the inconvenience." This could be completely out of their control for supply chain issues, but they are still the ones who can communicate that to the people buying the product.

The concepts I am pushing back against is that people should be compensated for this, or that Tesla should pay for their rental car, or their new licensing fee, or should settle a lawsuit, because the white interior keeps getting delayed.
Yeah I agree this isn’t lawsuit or other compensation territory. But what should happen is “compensation” in the form of letting white interior orders switch to black interior while remaining at the price of the car when they purchased. If I switch to black, it should just take $1000 off the price. But now that the car has increased since Jan, I would have to pay $800 more for a black interior. That’s fundamentally wrong.

Here in the Washington DC area, I have four cars under the "earlier pickup available" tab in the Tesla app. Four different colors with a black interior. So there's a glut of cars with black interior and a shortage of white interiors. And this from a company that had more cars built than delivered last quarter. Yeesh.

Reactions: Truthh
Does anyone have info on getting a credit for an order fee for switching between models? This order process with indefinite, unexplained wait times is just inconsistent with how I do things - I do a lot of research and consideration on the front end before choosing to buy. Saw today a local center has new Model Y performance (with White interior) for $49k ready to sell, almost $3k less than the model 3. There are definitely things I wanted from the refreshed model 3 like cooled seats and ambient lighting, but they are not deal killers for me. I am bummed by this experience but just ready to cancel if I have to.

There are a lot of factors (pack temp parked, ambient and speed driving, HVAC setting) but I notice it will say those messages even if battery temp is 90F. 120 is max system likes and seems to be at full charging capability right over 100F. My point is your battery temp is usually fine after 45 min Nav to SC preheating. The LFP battery also has lower charge rate and curve to NMC. I use Teslogic Dash to get the temp data point.
thank you for your insight! I was so confused and irritated that the battery was still heating up after driving that long to the charger loll. I’ll definitely take a look at teslogic.

Sure, I get that. Like I said a few times, I am not arguing against that people should not feel frustrated or upset. I find it baffling that Tesla has not minimally reached out to white interior order holders and said "Look, we have an issue getting white out the door. If you want to stick with white great, but we have no ETA. If you want to switch to black, we can get you in a car sooner. Sorry for the inconvenience." This could be completely out of their control for supply chain issues, but they are still the ones who can communicate that to the people buying the product.

The concepts I am pushing back against is that people should be compensated for this, or that Tesla should pay for their rental car, or their new licensing fee, or should settle a lawsuit, because the white interior keeps getting delayed.
ARE YOU LISTENING TESLA!?

Reactions: catxi
If anyone has questions for current owners, feel free to ask. I’m not the most savvy person when it comes to EV tech, but what I do knownis that I’m at ~700 miles in 10 days on my 2024 Model 3 RWD.

I will note: my regular commuter was a 2019 BMW 330i. This is by far the better car in comfort and ride quality. Sure, it still lacks a little bit of the driving feel that we’ve been used to for many years, but the ease and comfort of the new model 3 is other worldly in the space it competes. I have the RWD, it’s not crazy fast. But the performance variant will definitely take care of the “slow” base model.

A question I have: I drove 45 mins to a supercharger on my way home today. Batterey was preconditioning the wholes time based on navigation, but It still required more heating. What are somethings you all have done on your teslas that allow for instant maximum charge at the superchargers? I’ve always got a cold battery apparently.
I have 2020 M3 and occasionally use SC. Every single time I get the massage, no matter how far I have driven to get to the SC. Now I just ignore it. What am I gonna do keep driving around the block!?

Yeah I agree this isn’t lawsuit or other compensation territory. But what should happen is “compensation” in the form of letting white interior orders switch to black interior while remaining at the price of the car when they purchased. If I switch to black, it should just take $1000 off the price. But now that the car has increased since Jan, I would have to pay $800 more for a black interior. That’s fundamentally wrong.
That is exactly what it does. We ordered a LR with white interior. When we changed to black interior it reduced the price went down $1000. I think the only way it would cost more is if you cancelled then re-ordered.

Does anyone have info on getting a credit for an order fee for switching between models? This order process with indefinite, unexplained wait times is just inconsistent with how I do things - I do a lot of research and consideration on the front end before choosing to buy. Saw today a local center has new Model Y performance (with White interior) for $49k ready to sell, almost $3k less than the model 3. There are definitely things I wanted from the refreshed model 3 like cooled seats and ambient lighting, but they are not deal killers for me. I am bummed by this experience but just ready to cancel if I have to.
I tried exactly this and was told to kick rocks.

Reactions: LobsterLover
I tried exactly this and was told to kick rocks.
I just got off the phone with "an advisor" - I was not rude, yelling, etc. just sort of asking what am I supposed to do in this situation as I cannot wait indefinitely for a car or for 5-7+ months. Got the most robotic, argumentative response I've ever received from a customer service person. Just absurdly inconsiderate and unhelpful, almost like gleefully telling me that they cannot do anything to help me. I don't know how others have said they "called the advisor and got a vin in 30 seconds" - my experience was the opposite of that in every way.

Reactions: catxi
I just got off the phone with "an advisor" - I was not rude, yelling, etc. just sort of asking what am I supposed to do in this situation as I cannot wait indefinitely for a car or for 5-7+ months. Got the most robotic, argumentative response I've ever received from a customer service person. Just absurdly inconsiderate and unhelpful, almost like gleefully telling me that they cannot do anything to help me. I don't know how others have said they "called the advisor and got a vin in 30 seconds" - my experience was the opposite of that in every way.
I'd suggest calling back and seeing if a different advisor picks up your call. Tesla advisors are VERY hit-and-miss with helpful/unhelpful. I remember back when I was getting Tesla Solar installed and I was pushing them to get the Electric inspection scheduled. One guy I talked to was literally laughing as he told me "I just got off a call with someone else who has been waiting 6 months for their inspection to be scheduled. You need to be patient". I called back and talked to someone else. Not saying the other person was incredibly helpful, but at least wasn't actively unhelpful and taking joy at 6+ month delays.

I'd suggest calling back and seeing if a different advisor picks up your call. Tesla advisors are VERY hit-and-miss with helpful/unhelpful. I remember back when I was getting Tesla Solar installed and I was pushing them to get the Electric inspection scheduled. One guy I talked to was literally laughing as he told me "I just got off a call with someone else who has been waiting 6 months for their inspection to be scheduled. You need to be patient". I called back and talked to someone else. Not saying the other person was incredibly helpful, but at least wasn't actively unhelpful and taking joy at 6+ month delays.
Thanks, I'm sure I sound needy af, but this is a huge purchase and I just would like some semblance of certainty. This lady had a similar attitude as you describe, just very flippant. She went on to say that all cars are "custom orders" and I have to wait until they decide to build mine, as if there is a Model 3 on the assembly line that has my name on it. She also seemed to have a canned response that "there is not an issue with white interiors," it is just a matter of "production," etc. The idea they shouldn't advertise products for sale that they aren't willing to produce apparently never occurred to her.

That sounds extremely reasonable. If you have a tesla location by you and want to do that, It wouldnt hurt to ask in person if they can do that.

Reactions: LobsterLover
You are locked in at the price when you put your deposit down. We ordered a LR / Red / White int. before any of the 3 increases in price for the long range. Our original price was 48,990. After switching to black it went down to $47,990. They didn't charge the "new" price for the long range. I don't know what would happen if we switched back to white interior if it would be $1500 or if it would honor the white price at the time of order, but you won't have to pay more for a black interior if you switch.

That sounds extremely reasonable. If you have a tesla location by you and want to do that, It wouldnt hurt to ask in person if they can do that.I

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Thanks, I'm sure I sound needy af, but this is a huge purchase and I just would like some semblance of certainty. This lady had a similar attitude as you describe, just very flippant. She went on to say that all cars are "custom orders" and I have to wait until they decide to build mine, as if there is a Model 3 on the assembly line that has my name on it. She also seemed to have a canned response that "there is not an issue with white interiors," it is just a matter of "production," etc. The idea they shouldn't advertise products for sale that they aren't willing to produce apparently never occurred to her.
OMG - after the lady went on about how she could do nothing a few hours later, I HAVE A VIN! I hate to be this way but I guess the answer is just to bug them until someone finally does something.