Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a chance this will make 550 wheel maybe

It's shaping up to be another 0-60 car, maybe 0-100, which is disappointing.

I was hoping one of the media/press guys had a dragy with them. Either way I don't think there's anything significant here with the new performance model.

Maybe a significant let down, but the price was the only piece that was shocking.

Only slightly better in everyway. huge disappointment. :)

I'm glad they spent some money and time on the suspension. That's what it really needed. If you are in the market for a new sports sedan then this is still the best one for the price.

Test drove the new 3 yesterday, just before getting out of a S and the suspension was much improved. I also found it to be quieter in some ways.

For the money, nothing can touch the value of the new performance indeed.

I predicted it will take a few months for Ludicrous option to buy, and I still think that's the case with 2.5 0-60 rollout extracted in US.

I won't be buying it, because in the EU price (59.1 - 71.0K USD) vs trade-in is too high, battery cuts into power too much and seats can't be used with Quickfit harness anymore.

I will wait for the Roadster, thank you.

Last edited:
Agreed why have a ludicrous badge on the seats and rear badge and only offer as a Perf with no L?

I suspect a software unlock coming at some point or why badge it?

Ok so now I’m tempted after listening to some reviews.

But in Canada, LR is 64.9k with a 5k rebate. P is 69.9k with no rebate. So a 10k cnd delta :( In US it’s a 3k delta??

IMG_1628.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

Just my opinions:
Highland in general doesn't look any better than the old Model 3. I don't know why they bothered updating.
2.9 sec 0-60 will be fun.
Stock Model 3 already understeers badly, so wider wheels in the rear will only make it worse.
Maybe the new suspension can stiffen the rear enough to counter-act the above a little?
What's track mode v3 really doing differently? I would assume just adding controls for the new dampers?
Seats are a downgrade unless you can get harness straps through that hyperspace badge thing.

Reactions: 413jreese and Adam3
Just my opinions:
Highland in general doesn't look any better than the old Model 3. I don't know why they bothered updating.
2.9 sec 0-60 will be fun.
Stock Model 3 already understeers badly, so wider wheels in the rear will only make it worse.
Maybe the new suspension can stiffen the rear enough to counter-act the above a little?
What's track mode v3 really doing differently? I would assume just adding controls for the new dampers?
Seats are a downgrade unless you can get harness straps through that hyperspace badge thing.

The new M3P has different power characteristics than the old. I think the rear motors now generate 80% of the power vs. 65% in the old Model. Jason talked about why they tuned it for a staggered setup in the Youtube video.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Agreed why have a ludicrous badge on the seats and rear badge and only offer as a Perf with no L?

I suspect a software unlock coming at some point or why badge it?

Ok so now I’m tempted after listening to some reviews.

But in Canada, LR is 64.9k with a 5k rebate. P is 69.9k with no rebate. So a 10k cnd delta :( In US it’s a 3k delta??

View attachment 1041093
View attachment 1041094

It's an Asterisk to what has yet to come. ;)

I do feel that the new 3 is undeserving of the badge if it's not capable, out of the box, to live up to the meaning. It's like if BMW came out with a regular 3 series with a M badge.

It does look nice though, especially on the seats. The new 3P is a remarkable deal and it will surely still spank the loud for nothing cars from a dig. Ok, another asterisk (reality) only to 60 and maybe 100.

About the pricing, yea they need to adjust something. Maybe lower the price of the LR a bit, but maybe they plan to raise the prices of the 3P next so that'll increase the gap. Right now the difference between the LR and P in terms of monthly is only ~$16 USD. Makes no sense to buy the LR.

Reactions: Adam3