Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also since it came up briefly on Reddit from the Ioniq 5 N subreddit since it’s comparable apparently he didn’t use LC
IMG_1321.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Further down on the screen they show where that “zero down” lease still has about $1,800 in upfront costs that you can’t escape.
Nobody avoids the destination fee, and some lease inception fees, but it’s not a traditional “cap cost reduction” to reduce the capitalized and financed cost. One ALSO as to pay taxes, and of course insurance of often higher amounts than an individual might select, but it’s all about the base.

I don’t know if I’d consider a $67,000 Hyundai that runs low 11s with 640 hp as something that’s a “beast”
It’s a track beast that can do 2 full Ring laps before thermal limiting. Highly impressive thermals and capability. Kind of a different market as most M3P owners aren’t hard core track folks but those that want more straight line speed and more range. Still not going to discount how impressively engineered the N is.

I can't recall it being posted here, but I just came across this on facebook marketplace. I asked the seller how they were able to obtain the wheels and tires, and they said they buy and sell takeoffs from people. I'm still wondering how these were sold to someone if the car itself hasn't been released yet.

I can't recall it being posted here, but I just came across this on facebook marketplace. I asked the seller how they were able to obtain the wheels and tires, and they said they buy and sell takeoffs from people. I'm still wondering how these were sold to someone if the car itself hasn't been released yet.

There is so much graft around wheels and tires specifically, I would completely ignore that. We have to shut down multiple accounts weekly with people who join here, post a few times just to get post count up enough to post an advertisement, then try to scam people with wheel and tire fake sales, where they get pics from online somewhere and scam people.

Following occams razor (paraphrased "the simplest answer is often the correct one") we can either believe some facebook seller managed to get "take offs" for an unreleased car.... or we can go with occams razor and say that a scammer likely picked wheels / tires they thought looked cool and would be rare / high demand, trying to scam people.

I know which one I think it is.

There is so much graft around wheels and tires specifically, I would completely ignore that. We have to shut down multiple accounts weekly with people who join here, post a few times just to get post count up enough to post an advertisement, then try to scam people with wheel and tire fake sales, where they get pics from online somewhere and scam people.

Following occams razor (paraphrased "the simplest answer is often the correct one") we can either believe some facebook seller managed to get "take offs" for an unreleased car.... or we can go with occams razor and say that a scammer likely picked wheels / tires they thought looked cool and would be rare / high demand, trying to scam people.

I know which one I think it is.

I was skeptical too, but I looked at the person's ratings and they seemed legit enough, which is what made me wonder how anyone, if it's possible, would be able to obtain these already.

Attachments

• IMG_9438.png
    IMG_9438.png
    741.9 KB · Views: 2