Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently there was some decoded ludicrous info found
IMG_1311.png

At 20:00 into this video it shows the Hyundai Ioniq 5N doing 0-60 mph in 3.13 seconds without subtracting rollout. That would be 2.9 with rollout subtracted.

Are you expecting the Model 3 Ludicrous to just match this 4,861 lb vehicle’s 0-60 mph?

To be fair, it's a $67k car. And it's not going to sell anywhere near as well as the old $52k Model 3 performance. It all depends on price. If the new car ends up keeping a low price, there is no need to make it the fastest car in it's class. If it goes up in price significantly, then I would expect a significant performance improvement as well.

$67k is quite a bit of money for that. I'd expect a lot from a $67k M3L. Of course if speed is your primary criteria, you can get a low mileage Plaid for that and only a handful of cars on the planet can even keep up with you.
It’s 67k. Makes nearly as much hp as the refresh model s and from what I saw video wise running in Australia, can’t even break into the 10s

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood
11.18 for the 1/4 mile is the best I have seen for it. It weighs 800 lbs more than a Model 3 Performance so it needs WAY more HP to achieve the same acceleration.
It’s about 300lbs heavier than the S which was surprising given the physical dimensions difference. The S is 12” longer, 2.2” wider and 6” shorter. They must have some hefty weight in the N. The battery pack is smaller too if I remember correctly. At least in kWh size although I’m not positive that translates to physical dimensions

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
How many HP is the previous M3P?

From the GB version of Tesla website (source view).
view-source:https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/model3/design#overview
All-new high-performance drive units deliver more than combined 500 horsepower and 0-60 mph in {ACCELERATION} seconds. Welcome to the most powerful Model 3 ever
All-New Adaptive Suspension
All-new adaptive damping powered by in-house software gives you enhanced body control, without sacrificing daily usability or comfort.
The latest generation driving mode integrates adaptive suspension controls with a performance-optimised powertrain to deliver more response and fun behind the wheel
Track Mode V3 features all-new calibration for the powertrain and adaptive suspension to give you more authority behind the wheel, you can customise handling balance, stability controls and regenerative braking to set the car up how you like it.
All-new seat design with enhanced side and cushion bolsters hold you in place, while ventilation keeps you cool.
Bespoke chassis and suspension hardware is tuned to provide intuitive, razor-sharp response to driver inputs.
Forged Performance wheels, Lightweight, staggered wheels provide sharper turn-in response, improved predictability, increased traction out of corners and optimised aerodynamics.
Enhanced pedal feel and improved heat management ensure consistent braking at all speeds and across a wider temperature range.
The lightweight carbon fibre décor and refined weave pattern is unique to Model 3 Performance.

Last edited:
How many HP is the previous M3P?

From the GB version of Tesla website (source view).
view-source:https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/model3/design#overview

All-New Adaptive Suspension
All-new adaptive damping powered by in-house software gives you enhanced body control, without sacrificing daily usability or comfort.
The latest generation driving mode integrates adaptive suspension controls with a performance-optimised powertrain to deliver more response and fun behind the wheel
Track Mode V3 features all-new calibration for the powertrain and adaptive suspension to give you more authority behind the wheel, you can customise handling balance, stability controls and regenerative braking to set the car up how you like it.
All-new seat design with enhanced side and cushion bolsters hold you in place, while ventilation keeps you cool.
Bespoke chassis and suspension hardware is tuned to provide intuitive, razor-sharp response to driver inputs.
Forged Performance wheels, Lightweight, staggered wheels provide sharper turn-in response, improved predictability, increased traction out of corners and optimised aerodynamics.
Enhanced pedal feel and improved heat management ensure consistent braking at all speeds and across a wider temperature range.
The lightweight carbon fibre décor and refined weave pattern is unique to Model 3 Performance.
good *sugar*

The previous M3P have been dynoed to 500++ wheel horsepower. This is Teslas way to say, sorry no more power, but better top end pull. This is also the second time in a row they put in a battery that is less performing than the previous generatipn. Sorry, I might go for I5N in about a year or so, the look of that in white is 100!

Reactions: Adam3