Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
60-130mph…If the MS LR can do it, the M3P can as well. Depends what Tesla wants it to be.

Just wait for real world in coming weeks people. Chillax!
Model 3 Performance still only has a rear permanent magnet motor. Model S LR has two permanent magnet motors. You can’t trap 130 mph in the 1/4 mile without both motors being permanent magnet motors. 125 mph is about all we can hope for in the Model 3 Performance.

Any idea when the first cars will be delivered to customers? I’ve had a pick up date of 10am June 13th and own a Dragy. I’m sure there will be loads of deliveries before then but if not will post some figures. UK LG car so I’m not expecting much over my current M3P.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
You guys talking about power figures... You keep talking about battery max power... battery max power is not motors max power... You have losses in the inverters and motors, especially at full power. Tesla probably announces power to the wheels. Probably 90% of the battery power goes to the wheels at full load...10% losses between interverters, motors and gearboxes sounds about right fully loaded. 510hp makes sense.

Reactions: Adam3
That's the thing, everyone who HAS driven it says it is significantly changed. 20% more power across the power band above 60mph is a lot. That's 100hp more over 60mph, that is pretty significant.

Anyway, all the speculation will be over soon. Looks like deliveries are imminent in the USA and I will have my draggy on my test drive here in Australia and ill be sure get as much data as I can at legal speeds. If I get enough time there is also a public weighbridge pretty close by.
Can you please measure 0-100km/h without any of that subtracted rollout nonsense.

You guys talking about power figures... You keep talking about battery max power... battery max power is not motors max power... You have losses in the inverters and motors, especially at full power. Tesla probably announces power to the wheels. Probably 90% of the battery power goes to the wheels at full load...10% losses between interverters, motors and gearboxes sounds about right fully loaded. 510hp makes sense.
Max battery power of the current car is 436 KW(585 HP). 90% of 436 is 392.4 KW(526 HP). Those numbers all line up with expectations.

There is a possibility that US based cars will hit 461 KW at the battery instead of the 436 KW of the old cars. Not sure if that is possible or not though.

And at 100, 90 and say 60 soc?
(Oh and 17.8c temp and barometric pressure 101.3, with a NW wind of 25km/h)
lol.

But ya at diff SOC’s would be great!
haha ill only have the car for a hour since as you might have guessed, they are fully booked for test drives.

But I will supercharge it to over 90% before testing.