Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Door Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticing some panel gaps and alignment issues with My Model 3 Highland. This is the back drivers-side door for example. The Frunk is also pretty uneven. Is it worth raising this with Tesla or is that a waste of my time?

IMG_1709.jpeg

I have a similar issue - with my model 3 highland - at service now to see what they can do - they don’t seem to think it’s even really an issue but at least they’re willing to look at it. Delivery they were like that’s considered “within spec”

My front doors have the same issue, the LED strip is ok on the drivers side and noticeably misaligned on the passenger side. I took it back to Tesla and they said it was within spec. I just upgraded from a 2013 Leaf (That I still have) and went to compare the door alignment with the Leaf and the Nissan is laser perfect everywhere. Tesla invests so much and excels in several areas, but it should concern Sr Mgmt that cars are being delivered with alignment issues that are not acceptable for any mass-market automaker.
But overall, the car is amazing.