Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Extended Drive Test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged with a 15a, 120v outlet for a week. It’s fine if you’re commuting short distances most days. It charges at 5mi per hour.

I think it can work but if you decide to take a trip you’ll need to hit up a nearby faster charger (j1772 chargepoint or Tesla destination) or a supercharger.

It can be done...

Reactions: cucubits
So look this isn't rocket science. You can charge the car to 90% at a supercharger and then if you are driving 30 miles or less each day (night) you can be back to about 90% in as little as 8 hours at 120VAC charging at home. In other words, you can basically leave each day (night) with a 90% full tank! Now the slow charge at 120VAC might make you crazy but it can be done using a normal outlet. With an ICE vehicle, unless you go to a gas station every day, you will not be leaving for work with a 90% full tank.

Is there a local Tesla club in your area? Most owners will gladly let you drive their car, when I got mine back in January 2018, very few available to even sit in. Gave many of my friends in the club a test drive. If you buy do them a favor back by using their referral code. Both of you get a 1000 miles free supercharger use.