Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service for Windshield Replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I ended up getting a nasty rock chip that is going to require a windshield replacement and Tesla has scheduled me to get it done via mobile service. Just seeing if anyone else has had mobile service replace a windshield and what the experience was like vs taking it to the service center. I wasn't even given the option of going into the service center.

Reactions: Jones1
this would be the same process that Safelite uses to replace windshields, one technician and some jigs to position and replace the windshield, I have had this done in the parking lot at work (not the tesla), as long as Tesla stands behind the work, should be OK

Hi,

I ended up getting a nasty rock chip that is going to require a windshield replacement and Tesla has scheduled me to get it done via mobile service. Just seeing if anyone else has had mobile service replace a windshield and what the experience was like vs taking it to the service center. I wasn't even given the option of going into the service center.
We've used Tesla mobile service a couple of times for minor issues and been happy with them.