Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile charger issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plugged in last night at 8pm not my Tesla app says I still have 4 hours left until 100%. I've been changing for 12 hours already ! This has never happened before. The app says I'm charging at "6kW +13kWh 32/32A 204v"

Is this normal? What might be the problem?
Screenshot_20240210-092742.png

What was your % when you plugged in? Has the car charged continuously since it was plugged in?

Are you in a condo or apartment? 204 volts would be OK if you are in a large building with 208/120 three phase power but low if you are in a single family house with 240/120 volts split phase power.

I'm not sure what battery you car has, but if it has 62 kWh capacity it would take about 4 hours to add 24 kWh to it at your charging rate of 6 kW. (62 x 38% = 23.56), which is about right for the time remaining.

To charge from 0% to 100% for such a battery should take a little over 10 hours at your 6 kW charging rate.

When the car is finished charging can you look at the charging stats in the Tesla app to see how much energy was added?

Upvote 0
The maximum the mobile charger can input is about 7kW - you voltage seems a bit low, it should be closer to 240v or at least 220v. That however would not account for an unusually long charge as you are putting in 6kW. I would look at the stats app in the car or on your phone to see if there was a pause in the charging. The car says you only added 9kW so you must have only charged for 1.5 hours. You could also see if some how you have scheduled charging. Good luck.

Upvote 0