Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm amazed that Tesla is still considered a "luxury brand". The S and X fit that category, but the Y is iffy and 3 certainly not.

Particularly without USB lol
Teslas are Teslas. I‘m not sure it fits into an easy “Luxury” or “Mid-Range” type categorization.

Their audio, seats, and console are as good as most high end cars, but other bits and pieces are not in the same ballpark.

Cybertruck is going to make it all weirder.

You do realize that Due Bills are standard across the automotive industry. Any time you buy a car and the dealership or manufacturer owe you anything after the sale, you need to get a Due Bill. If you actually review your contracts, it states that without a Due Bill nothing else is owed or implied after the sale. By not requesting a Due Bill, you are trusting that the dealership/manufacturer will keep their word. This is not just Tesla and most definitely not an anti Tesla statement.
I would not trust any dealership or manufacturer to keep their verbal word, including Tesla, Toyota, Ford, etc..
When I picked up my used Model S from Tesla SA told me that everything I showed him will be fixed after I set it up apt in app later that evening. I didn’t have no due bills or anything else. And indeed all my concerns were addressed by Tesla services at later date.

You do realize that Due Bills are standard across the automotive industry. Any time you buy a car and the dealership or manufacturer owe you anything after the sale, you need to get a Due Bill. If you actually review your contracts, it states that without a Due Bill nothing else is owed or implied after the sale. By not requesting a Due Bill, you are trusting that the dealership/manufacturer will keep their word. This is not just Tesla and most definitely not an anti Tesla statement.
I would not trust any dealership or manufacturer to keep their verbal word, including Tesla, Toyota, Ford, etc..
Missing USB ports would be covered under the standard warranty; a separate document is not necessary.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I worked at an executive level position for a growing fortune 50 company. No

I have owned many growing business and worked at the executive level of a fortune 50 high-growth company. Not communicating a car is missing a key component is just not acceptable.
Didn’t say it was “Acceptable”

You misread my comment entirely.

And no. You have not worked as an executive for a company with the sort of growth Tesla or Apple have dealt with. There are only 2 of them after all.

It leaves the factory missing a part that allows it to function as advertised and intended. That is the definition of a manufacturing defect. It's not a major defect; you can still drive the car just fine and get around it by using the glove box, but it is still a defect. Also, can cars missing the USB module save dash cam video? Normally you use one of the USB C ports to plug in an SSD. If you can't, that's another missing feature.

True, Tesla gets it's share of undeserved negative press, but they don't need to add to it, and when there are reports that are accurate, the negative image they portray indirectly gives credence to the other incorrect reports.

This likely will have very little long term negative impact on Tesla, but it may and for any company to have an issue like this that is completely avoidable is really not acceptable. If I were an investor and I saw missteps like this because of the lack of a functioning marketing department I would not be happy.
Sentry works from glove box usb which is preset. As stock holder I am glad they don’t waste money on PR department.

When I picked up my used Model S from Tesla SA told me that everything I showed him will be fixed after I set it up apt in app later that evening. I didn’t have no due bills or anything else. And indeed all my concerns were addressed by Tesla services at later date.
Consider yourself lucky, not everyone has the same experience with Tesla and other car brands.

Reactions: CyberGus
Your reply was nonsense.

I was wondering if you’ve ever considered self editing to minimize the amount of gibberish you output?

Just a thought.
What about it was nonsense? I was asking if a part is not installed at delivery, how can it be covered under warranty? Seems like a pretty honest question. If someone could explain it then that would be great to know for future car purchases.

Originally all I asked was if anyone was getting Due Bills for the missing USB ports, which was a very relevant question to this topic. Then the fanboys jumped in apparently getting butthurt that I should even suggest Tesla would not do the right thing. Whatever happened to CYA and being a responsible car buyer. I guess Tesla has brain washed a few.

• Disagree
What about it was nonsense? I was asking if a part is not installed at delivery, how can it be covered under warranty? Seems like a pretty honest question. If someone could explain it then that would be great to know for future car purchases.

Originally all I asked was if anyone was getting Due Bills for the missing USB ports, which was a very relevant question to this topic. Then the fanboys jumped in apparently getting butthurt that I should even suggest Tesla would not do the right thing. Whatever happened to CYA and being a responsible car buyer. I guess Tesla has brain washed a few.
Because suggesting that your made-up reality is made up is being a fan boy?

Is there some basis for your comments about Tesla charging people for parts? Because your posts read like hate-fan fantasy fiction.

Because suggesting that your made-up reality is made up is being a fan boy?

Is there some basis for your comments about Tesla charging people for parts? Because your posts read like hate-fan fantasy fiction.
You do realize that Tesla charges plenty of people for parts. There is a 100 mile/72 hour (or something like that) time frame for people to report issues with their vehicles after delivery. Many have not held firm with this time frame, but it is there so that if they want to they can. So it is not some made-up reality. Sometimes when you are looking for things they can see to appear in places where they are not. We are on a Tesla Forum where the majority of people have mostly positive things to say about the company, relax.