Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Thread: 3 Delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well y’all, I picked up my new LR AWD today and I am very happy to report that I had absolutely zero issues at all. I went in a bit anxious and made sure to do a reasonable inspection of the car and have not found a flaw. The experience was quite smooth and speedy. I’m having such fun changing my settings and trying all the features. EVs are still pretty rare around here so I’m looking forward to being an ambassador of the future. Pic!

Attachments

• F55774FF-CDFF-470B-A74C-A768CAD560D3.jpeg
    F55774FF-CDFF-470B-A74C-A768CAD560D3.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 340
Delivery at Mt. Kisco today. Exterior and Interior inspection looked excellent. Heads up if you have a leased vehicle with two names on the registration, staff was not able to get either my or my wife's phone to complete the delivery process. They had to complete the delivery by making out forms manually which took some time. Staff was very good and patient with my being "slow" with the cell phone. Hour and 20 minute ride home was not fun for me until I got off the highway. Wish the weather was better in my area.

Well y’all, I picked up my new LR AWD today and I am very happy to report that I had absolutely zero issues at all. I went in a bit anxious and made sure to do a reasonable inspection of the car and have not found a flaw. The experience was quite smooth and speedy. I’m having such fun changing my settings and trying all the features. EVs are still pretty rare around here so I’m looking forward to being an ambassador of the future. Pic!
how does it compare to you s2k? :D

how does it compare to you s2k? :D
They feel sooo different it's hard to even compare. I've always thought the S2000 is the perfect sports car to drive on the street. The gearbox is amazing, you can put the top down, the handling is incredible, the controls are minimal, the maintenance is cheap, it's reliable, and they're pretty rare. The perfect ICE car. It doesn't have any bells and whistles. It commits to being a fun affordable sports car, and it does that one thing perfectly.

The Tesla is full of bells and whistles, so it's kind of the polar opposite because it feels so futuristic. Just the fact that a sedan can be so fun to drive is a new experience for me. It's fun to drive even when running errands around town driving slow, which is the mark of a great car. It fully commits to being an EV which I appreciate also.

Ordered our Model 3 SR+ in October 2021 for delivery in March, 2022 from the Kitchener, Ontario SC. It's been tremendously fun to drive and learn about. It's everything I was hoping for. We had a Tesla Wall Connector installed in the garage for two months now. It's been looking very lonely as I drove my old Ford Fusion in and out of the garage in that time.

I picked up Bessie on March 2nd after three separate delivery date changes. The last time I resigned myself to just waiting until it came and then they delivered early!

I had some issues with the payment instructions. They said an ACH transfer was required but we don't have ACH in Ontario, Canada; it's called Wire transfer instead. I had read everything I could about it but assumed it was something done the day of delivery. The need for a certified check wasn't explained until the day before delivery of the car. I had to push it out to the next week so my bank could get the certified check for me. Branchless banking is great, most of the time. ;)

The delivery experience was okay but they really didn't allow as much time to look over the car as I wanted and that resulted in a rushed introduction.

Anticipating lots of road trips during my week off next week to get a real feel for the car.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Ordered our Model 3 SR+ in October 2021 for delivery in March, 2022 from the Kitchener, Ontario SC. It's been tremendously fun to drive and learn about. It's everything I was hoping for. We had a Tesla Wall Connector installed in the garage for two months now. It's been looking very lonely as I drove my old Ford Fusion in and out of the garage in that time.

I picked up Bessie on March 2nd after three separate delivery date changes. The last time I resigned myself to just waiting until it came and then they delivered early!

I had some issues with the payment instructions. They said an ACH transfer was required but we don't have ACH in Ontario, Canada; it's called Wire transfer instead. I had read everything I could about it but assumed it was something done the day of delivery. The need for a certified check wasn't explained until the day before delivery of the car. I had to push it out to the next week so my bank could get the certified check for me. Branchless banking is great, most of the time. ;)

The delivery experience was okay but they really didn't allow as much time to look over the car as I wanted and that resulted in a rushed introduction.

Anticipating lots of road trips during my week off next week to get a real feel for the car.
I should have included a photo while it was still clean.

Attachments

• PXL_20220302_220106373.jpg
    PXL_20220302_220106373.jpg
    972.3 KB · Views: 257
my 2022 model 3 delivery : 03/04/2022, signed the document , got into the car, a lot warning in the screen, and sale person drove the car to next door service center at 11:30 AM, and around 4 PM, call me , said they would not to fix on same day, today (03/07/2022), I went to service center , talked to service center and sale team, they said that the car was accepted, and belongs to me, they will try to fix..........

so I got car, but it's in service center, and not work.

Anybody has similar experience? how to complain to tesla management?

thanks!
Ping

Attachments

• image_50345729.JPG
    image_50345729.JPG
    530.2 KB · Views: 300
  • image_50337025.JPG
    image_50337025.JPG
    791.3 KB · Views: 281
  • image_50390785.JPG
    image_50390785.JPG
    429.4 KB · Views: 299
Did you look at the screen before you signed the paperwork?

Did they offer you a loaner car?

It's pretty awful of Tesla to produce a car with so many flaws, and then not have an immediate resolution. But if you signed documentation then you are the legal owner of the car.

You may want to look up the Florida Lemon Law. Here's one attorney's description.

Tesla owes you a car that fits the description of the one you bought. The one you bought is in the shop, not in your garage. That doesn't fit the description.

I'm in the same situation, though mine didn't fail until I got it home. No cameras or GPS. been in the service center for a week now. No one ever contacts me to update the situation, I have to call repeatedly, and my repair completion date keeps getting pushed back. Today they tell me they are replacing some computer component (?) and it will be ready tomorrow 3/8, but I am not holding my breath. A little frustrating when your new car has spent more time in the service center than in your own garage.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
I'm in the same situation, though mine didn't fail until I got it home. No cameras or GPS. been in the service center for a week now. No one ever contacts me to update the situation, I have to call repeatedly, and my repair completion date keeps getting pushed back. Today they tell me they are replacing some computer component (?) and it will be ready tomorrow 3/8, but I am not holding my breath. A little frustrating when your new car has spent more time in the service center than in your own garage.

Hey! They're just trying to fit in to the car industry! I ordered tires through a local shop and a week later called to see if they had come in yet, they had and no one called me, so I set up a tire fitting appointment. Then two days later a dude from the shop calls to see if anyone had called about my tires coming in.

With one exception this has been my life time experience with car dealerships and car maintenance. You have to call and ask for updates or you get no information. They could hire an intern at minimum wage to call each customer each day and give them an update. It ain't that ****ing hard.

Reactions: Ackman999
hey forum, just placed an order for a model 3 long range yesterday, i received the email telling me to go to my account to continue the order process i try to login and i input my email and it doesn't let me input my password, i just get a notice to check my email for login instructions but no email is sent i have emailed tesla help but no response

they said that the car was accepted, and belongs to me, they will try to fix..........
even thought you accepted the delivery, they WILL HAVE to fix as the car is new and still under factory warranty.
Make sure you document all the issues in the timely matter. Ask them what the time frame it should be. May be contact your local news station to report such issue?

My Delivery experience was pretty poor to say the least.

Delivery 10am-12am (Tesla insisted on home delivery). I get a call at 9.15, I'm on my way and at 9.22 Vehicle is on my driveway.

Delivery Rep has Uber waiting to take him back to SVC center and hands me envelope "Sign where its highlighted and I'll text you user instructions for your car. Open the Tesla app as I've already begun the pairing to your account process".
"Please mail or drop off the signed forms within 24 hours"

He then says "Call me if you have questions, Enjoy your new Car". Gets in the Uber and leaves.

Luckily, I earn my living in technology so the rest was easy but the delivery was the only disappointing part of the whole process.

Very very unprofessional by the delivery agent.

my 2022 model 3 delivery : 03/04/2022, signed the document , got into the car, a lot warning in the screen, and sale person drove the car to next door service center at 11:30 AM, and around 4 PM, call me , said they would not to fix on same day, today (03/07/2022), I went to service center , talked to service center and sale team, they said that the car was accepted, and belongs to me, they will try to fix..........

so I got car, but it's in service center, and not work.

Anybody has similar experience? how to complain to tesla management?

thanks!
Ping
I had similar experience the day after I picked it up. Tesla gave me a loaner and recalibrated. Works fine now. Ask for a loaner car.