Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD Mar 30-31. Still can't schedule delivery. Not purchasing if I don't get the full tax credit. Excited for the car but absolutely hate this company
i feel your pain. This process has been painful. They lowballed me on my trade (2021 Audi Q8) and i know they're notorious for it..pushed out my date twice by a month after getting a delivery date range of 3/23 - 3/31, now my trade amount expired and after resubmitting it, they gave me a trade offer of half of what they originally did when the car only has about 300 more miles on it and it's in the same condition. How does my trade go from $52,400 ($15,00 less than KBB) to $26,200 in less than a month!??? Everyone keeps asking me about this Tesla journey i'm on and they are so turned off by the whole thing! So am I!

i feel your pain. This process has been painful. They lowballed me on my trade (2021 Audi Q8) and i know they're notorious for it..pushed out my date twice by a month after getting a delivery date range of 3/23 - 3/31, now my trade amount expired and after resubmitting it, they gave me a trade offer of half of what they originally did when the car only has about 300 more miles on it and it's in the same condition. How does my trade go from $52,400 ($15,00 less than KBB) to $26,200 in less than a month!??? Everyone keeps asking me about this Tesla journey i'm on and they are so turned off by the whole thing! So am I!
Wow that's absurd! Sounds like you're best of selling it privately? I may end up having to do that as my trade-in offer is only good until April 12, and they just pushed my EDD out from March until late April-May.

They really should make it so you can trade in to *any* MA dealer and still get the sales tax credit off the new vehicle.

Wow that's absurd! Sounds like you're best of selling it privately? I may end up having to do that as my trade-in offer is only good until April 12, and they just pushed my EDD out from March until late April-May.

They really should make it so you can trade in to *any* MA dealer and still get the sales tax credit off the new vehicle.
I think you might have read some bad info- the taxman doesn't care where you trade in, sell your car wherever you get the best deal.

Anyway, as an update, they called me very soon after my complaint post- maybe they're stalking this board! It's a maybe for tomorrow...

Ah okay I did some reading back on the thread and get it now- for others who were confused like me, the $3,500 mor-ev rebate does not take into account trade-ins, but trading directly to Tesla can reduce the purchase price for tax purposes. Based on my own offer and what I've heard, I wonder if anybody has ever made out better reducing the tax by taking the worse Tesla offer.

Ah okay I did some reading back on the thread and get it now- for others who were confused like me, the $3,500 mor-ev rebate does not take into account trade-ins, but trading directly to Tesla can reduce the purchase price for tax purposes. Based on my own offer and what I've heard, I wonder if anybody has ever made out better reducing the tax by taking the worse Tesla offer.
Yeah, I'm kind of in that situation, potentially. I got an offer of 23.5k trade-in from Tesla for my Prius Prime. So 6.25% added to that means as a trade-in directly to Tesla it's just shy of $25k value since the trade-in credit reduces the sales taxable transaction amount.

I also emailed a Toyota dealer with photos and they said they would be 23.5 - 24.5 after seeing it in person. KBB private party value is closer to 26k, so I might try doing that (I've already cleaned/detailed it recently), but depends on how much time I have between when I get a VIN and have to take delivery. Also the Tesla offer expires on 4/12, so who knows if they'll still offer that much if I have to get a new quote.

I agree. And yes, it's totally absurd. I get that they are not in the business of used cars but that's totally crazy. I'd owe Telsa for my trade LOL. I think I'll be going to CarMax. I just feel so defeated with this whole process.

I agree. And yes, it's totally absurd. I get that they are not in the business of used cars but that's totally crazy. I'd owe Telsa for my trade LOL. I think I'll be going to CarMax. I just feel so defeated with this whole process.
Same... the EDD bouncing all over the place mixed in with the trade-in and tax credit changes is making me crazy! Looks like we have at least until April 17th now before any tax changes:

In contrast, we ordered a RAV4 Prime back in Oct. 2021, and had only a general range of 3-6 months with almost no updates until a random day in January when we got a call saying our car arrived, please pick it up ASAP. In some ways it was almost better not knowing.

Same... the EDD bouncing all over the place mixed in with the trade-in and tax credit changes is making me crazy! Looks like we have at least until April 17th now before any tax changes:

In contrast, we ordered a RAV4 Prime back in Oct. 2021, and had only a general range of 3-6 months with almost no updates until a random day in January when we got a call saying our car arrived, please pick it up ASAP. In some ways it was almost better not knowing.
Well, I guess the Tesla Gods heard my cry.. I got a call around 2 pm Friday from Dedham (original pick up location was Norwell) that they just got a car in matching my order (MYP white/black) and I could pick it up if I wanted. I mentioned the low trade offer of $26k and they were seeing different on their end. I ended getting about $200 more than original trade in offer. I work right down the street and of course I jumped on it. The Dedham staff was awesome and I was out in under an hour with the new car.

You're right - sometimes it's better not knowing. Good luck! I'm glad they pushed the credit out. I was so dejected about that.

Did you get any updates on edd or vin?

I have rejected my MY due to uneven of glass roof. Austin built. My OD is 1/23/23 does anyone have rejected their vehicle? How long it take to assign another VIN?
4BF00413-2AA9-4202-9AA5-BF3A283396BD.jpeg

I have rejected my MY due to uneven of glass roof. Austin built. My OD is 1/23/23 does anyone have rejected their vehicle? How long it take to assign another VIN?View attachment 928850

Was it that the rear hatch is misaligned with the roof giving that appearance, or is the glass roof set deeper into the roof structure on the left than the right? Did they say it's not something that can be fixed?

I would assume they would just assign you the next available VIN in that configuration, but unfortunately I really have no idea how they treat a rejected VIN. Please do post back with an update when you get one.

Was it that the rear hatch is misaligned with the roof giving that appearance, or is the glass roof set deeper into the roof structure on the left than the right? Did they say it's not something that can be fixed?

I would assume they would just assign you the next available VIN in that configuration, but unfortunately I really have no idea how they treat a rejected VIN. Please do post back with an update when you get one.
It looks like the glass roof set deeper, but SA told me it’s nature of the glass,like glass is waved. They won’t gonna fix it as long as it doesn’t leak. I already got a new VIN and picking up by this Saturday wish I have better luck this time. :)

I see from your signature you've got your VIN now! :)

Yeah I'm scheduled for May 1 delivery. I was told it's supposed to arrive there on the 28th from Austin.
Yes, I got the Fremont VIN on Friday. I got a text today (I have asked them about this) and they said that the birthday was 4/21 and ETA is 5/6. Hope your delivery goes well. Please update here after you get it!

Reactions: rjackey